Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explain this behaviour?

• 28-07-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am not sure if this is the right place for this discussion or if anyone can help, but I want to speak about the behaviour of a person close to me in my life(not my partner but someone close) whose behaviour towards myself and people in general is concerning and is making my life difficult. Without going into too much detail, I will just give a few examples of how they behave..

- very suspicious and controlling with regular paranoia
    - Mood swings, great when they're up, a nightmare when they're down. Often mood can change many times in the same day
    - goes off on rants where you can't a word in edgeways and they are always right. If you disagree over something you get shouted down and belittled
    - Goes back on their word frequently, unpredictable
    - Boastful and sometimes delusional
    -often threatening violence against adversaries or people they perceive against them, holds grudges
    - neglects their duties frequently, such a house chores, feeding dog etc
    - Road rage and getting into regular arguments with strangers
    - Domineering (My way or the highway)
    - Very manipulative (in many different ways)

I could go on, but as you see there is something wrong with this person. Perhaps somebody could shed more light on it and maybe possible solutions. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Possible Bipolar or borderline disorder to, May need to be assessed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Thanks for that. Either of those is probably most likely(or both). I have been reading up on psychiatric disorders recently and I was thinking that they could be NPD. Definitely narcissistic traits but the mood swings probably indicate a mood disorder. Will try and get them to see someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thanks for that. Either of those is probably most likely(or both). I have been reading up on psychiatric disorders recently and I was thinking that they could be NPD. Definitely narcissistic traits but the mood swings probably indicate a mood disorder. Will try and get them to see someone

Please do, it's a devastating problem for all involved and common enough to. Best of luck

Advertisement