Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All your electricity bills are going up by €24.44 a year

Options
  • 28-07-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭
    M

Bloody joke and I see no justification for it going up over 30%...
    THE COMMISSION FOR Energy Regulation (CER) announced that it is raising the Public Service Obligation (PSO) levy meaning bills will increase across the board.

The levy is going up by just over 30%, which will mean an increase of €24.44 per year.

The new total levy will now be €104.74 per year – up from €80.30.

The increase will come into effect from 1 October and will impact all domestic electricity customers in Ireland.

http://www.thejournal.ie/bills-electricity-ireland-3520279-Jul2017/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you can see the complete decision here

http://www.cer.ie/docs/001138/CER17241%20PSO%20Levy%202017-18%20Decision%20Paper.pdf
    The main driver behind the increase in the levy is an increase in the volume of renewables being supported, with the cost of
    renewables increasing by €53 million relative to the 2016/17 levy.

as i read that we are paying more because we are generating more electricity from renewables and the cost of subsidising rises accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was a drop, a bit smaller I think, a year or two ago due to a subsidy expiring so its not a huge increase over its previous peak.

Next time an Airtricity sales rep uses their "our power is cheaper because its green" line, remember that its subsidised by everyone else!

Advertisement