Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good cheep beer ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

OP needs to get himself to a Polenez.

The Polish beer on sale there is proper Polish beer. Ie it's brewed in Poland, not over in England by Miller, and imported over here under the guise of being genuine Polish.

Compare a bottle of Tyskie from Polenez with one from say Aldi, Tesco or Lidl.

You will see the Polenez one has no English language text on the bottle, a tapered neck to he it with the very distinctive crown logo on the neck, (the UK version doesn't) it'll also taste remarkably nicer, and will not give you a pounding head in the morning.

Generally you can pick up 4 x bottles of most of the beer (kastzelan, Tyskie, Zyweic, lech etc) for €7/8
    Cans are about a euro cheaper.

Good clean hangover free beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

A good cheep beer? What's your budgie op?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Bavaria, its my favourite larger anyway and just a bonus that its fairly cheap. Another bonus is that it doesn't give bad hangovers. Even after 12 cans + I'd be in decent fettle the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Tuborg, works for me, 8 for 10€ most supermarkets. very popular in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

They sell this in lidl for 1.70 euro, sometimes 4 for 5 euro https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/142/1946/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm quite fond of Prazsky. My local Spar also do 5 bottles of Lomza for €11, and that's very tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I like Aldi's fake Budweiser... much nicer than the real thing.

aldibud.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭tastyt

I like that new beer with pieces of candy floating in it, skittlebrau.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Boardsies it has been confirmed have an absolutely shameful taste in beer from what I've read, it's just a thread lamenting cheap piss lager, the only ones I haven't seen being praised are Dutch gold and Orangeboom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

KungPao wrote: »
    You need the soakage of the burgers, Karpackie is potent stuff!

Potent bahahaha.... Try a Belgian beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

....it's just a thread lamenting cheap piss lager...

Tbf, when people are asked 'What's the best cheap piss lager?' you're gonna get people recommending some cheap piss lager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Karlskrone is a euro in Aldi, or 8 for 7. It's a bit sweet, but acceptable. Hackenberg is a fine beer, usually 4 for 5 or 5.50. The local offie is doing 12 heinocans for 14.40, which is great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Primus isn't too bad either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

sugarman wrote: »
    Lomza, Lech, Tyskie, Zubar ...any polish beers.

Strong, cheap and generally very tasty.

I've tried Lomza unpasteurized and unfiltered, it's the biz! Fabulous beer, but maybe not for someone who expects the typical piss taste of the industrial mainstream beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Can't beat Lidls Perlinbacker, e1.05, 4.9%, tastes a bit like Becks. Way nicer that Heineken/Carlberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I've tried Lomza unpasteurized and unfiltered, it's the biz! Fabulous beer, but maybe not for someone who expects the typical piss taste of the industrial mainstream beers.

This.

They're also doing a new 6% IPA which is the dogs conkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Plenty hipsters in this thread.Shouldn't y'all be off listening to some arcade fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My goto cheap beer is a 6 pack of Staropramen for €3.60 :)

magentis wrote: »
    Plenty hipsters in this thread.Shouldn't y'all be off listening to some arcade fire?

I'm just German and grew up with good beer.
    You know what we call craft beer in Germany?
    Beer. :D

edit:
    I'm more into Deep Purple

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Carling isn't too bad in cans actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rossie1977 wrote: »
    They sell this in lidl for 1.70 euro, sometimes 4 for 5 euro https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/142/1946/

That's a recommendation of an actually good beer, that is cheap. Well played sir

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Carling in my experience is the best for not getting hungover. My current drink is Tennants, which is decent on occasions.

KungPao wrote: »
    Karpackie is potent stuff!

Looks at can. 5%.

Bahahahahahaha.
    jester77 wrote: »
    My goto cheap beer is a 6 pack of Staropramen for €3.60

B*stard. Those were the days. The first 10-pack of staropramen I bought when I was abroad was about 4 quid, and about 3.60 once I took the bottles back.

No wonder I get so annoyed when people talk about so called "cheap alcohol" in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

bigwillie wrote: »
    Tuborg, works for me, 8 for 10€ most supermarkets. very popular in Amsterdam.

Tuborg may just be the worst beer in history, septic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Stella is good,see it regularly for like 1 euro a bottle,great crisp taste when cold.I like it alot more than Heineken. Seems to be on tap in Europe more so than Ireland,love getting it in the fancy goblets they serve.

smurgen wrote: »
    Stella is good,see it regularly for like 1 euro a bottle,great crisp taste when cold.I like it alot more than Heineken. Seems to be on tap in Europe more so than Ireland,love getting it in the fancy goblets they serve.

:D
    wifebeater.jpg

(not sure why Apple logo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

:D
    wifebeater.jpg

(not sure why Apple logo)

Apple logo makes it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Percentage multiplied by volume of container, then divided by price per unit is a good way of calculating the best quality cooking lager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Patser

Tyskie

Usually about €1.65 in Dunnes or Lidl for a 500ml bottle. Decent strength (over 5%). Not too gassy either so you don't end up belching the night away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Nothing wrong with Vratislav, a good quality Czech beer at €1.49 a 500ml bottle in Tesco, never did me any harm!!!

Advertisement