Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good cheep beer ?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Crafty Brewing Company Pale Ale in Lidl is stunning in my book. Large bottle for €1.89. Nice and cold. Fantastic.

Edit: The Irish pale ale, purple bottle. Not the Indian, which is stronger and not as nice a taste, in my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Crafty Brewing Company Pale Ale in Lidl is stunning in my book. Large bottle for €1.89. Nice and cold. Fantastic.

Haven't tried the Pale Ale but the lager and the Red Ale are top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

SuperBock, the piss of Portugal is on special in Lidl next week.
    A good beer, Affligem is €2 a bottle in Tesco at the moment, a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

SuperBock, the piss of Portugal is on special in Lidl next week. A good beer, Affligem is €2 a bottle in Tesco at the moment, a very good price.

How much are the bottles of Superbock next week??? Great stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Patww79 wrote: »

I've definitely found the bottles from Polenez taste a good bit nicer than Aldi's or Lidls, but I don't notice any taste difference in cans.

Ill give a recommendation for Kastzelan too (if you're going to a Polenez.) the green bottle in particular. I think its "non pasteurised" or something. Seriously tasty beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

In terms of relative quality/ABV at a low price point, you can't do better than the Grafters (Pale Ale, Stout, Kolsch or IPA) or Crafty Brewing (IPA or American Style Pale Ale) ranges that Rye River do for Dunnes and Lidl respectively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bazz26 wrote: »
    Dutch Gold. :pac:

I call it headache in a can. Not because of the next day, but because it will give me a pounding headache halfway through the second can.
    I believe it's the only beer worse than Harp and that is an achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

kylith wrote: »
    I'm quite fond of Prazsky. My local Spar also do 5 bottles of Lomza for €11, and that's very tasty.

Dunne's do 4 lomza for 7e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I hear the Dail bar does them for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Noveight wrote: »
    Galahad is a cheap beer that saw a lot of lads through college. It's popular, can't say whether it's piss or not.

Yep. I heard from a local survivalism expert that if you drink your own piss it comes out as Galahad and the Piss->Galahad->Piss conversion cycle is in fact infinite except for what you lose as sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

:D
    wifebeater.jpg

(not sure why Apple logo)

Funny that in most countries that serve Stella it's seen as a sophisticated beer but in the UK or Ireland it's seen as a scumbag drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Dunne's do 4 lomza for 7e

World class beers Lomza do.

Advertisement