Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning Suir or Blackwater

Options
  • 29-07-2017 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any stretches of these rivers I can spin for trout? I don't have a fishing licence but I will be getting a day pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Anyone know any stretches of these rivers I can spin for trout? I don't have a fishing licence but I will be getting a day pass

I've no idea, But I herd ifi might stop you even if you look like your spinning for trout, They might make out that your fishing for salmon.. just a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I've no idea, But I herd ifi might stop you even if you look like your spinning for trout, They might make out that your fishing for salmon.. just a heads up.

Ya I'm aware of that, thanks. I'd probably have 2 or 3lb line and a small mepps spinner so they will have a fair idea that I'm not after salmon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The locals will comment to you about the wisdom of leaving lost spinners in salmon mouths .....

To be honest, if you are going to flyfish, which the locally accepted way for trout fishing, you will receive a lot more help and information from those who know and can provide access.

Advertisement