Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow air drops Cork from October

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

smurfjed wrote: »
    Why?

Connectivity for the region? Why would Norwegian doing okay be a bad thing for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Norwegian seem to be doing okay but not exceptionally well by any means. Which is a good thing.
    Maybe I just didn't get what you meant, i read this as not doing exceptionally well was a good thing.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Maybe I just didn't get what you meant, i read this as not doing exceptionally well was a good thing.

I can see how it would read like that, I should rephrase,

"Norwegian are doing okay at Cork however, which is a good thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A direct airbridge?

It's not about maintaining a public service, its about whether a profit can be made by respective airlines.

Wow Air was a massage failure at Cork. Norwegian seem to be doing okay but not exceptionally well by any means. Which is a good thing.

Turns out that Norwegians operations out of Cork are actually quite profitable. Taken from Facebook, Www.aviationanalytics.com

Turns out that Norwegians operations out of Cork are actually quite profitable. Taken from Facebook, Www.aviationanalytics.com

Surprising.

However, reading the article the analyst seems to think that the route only operated in July, October and November?

The question also begs, why are Shannon services being expanded but not Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Surely they've got their figures wrong somewhere, I'd find it very hard to believe that Cork would be more profitable by that big of a margin in comparison to Dublin, Shannon and Belfast. 

Load factors appear to been average at best and truly appalling at their worst. I think it's sustainable but not on the scale Norwegian have plans for, we'll see them chopping and changing frequently and Cork will be under as much scrutiny as the other Irish bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Im happy to see Norweign maintain the current service from Cork..tourism ireland are expecting an increase in tourist from america so hopefully the route will benefit from that

Advertisement