Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Dart Reception

Options
  • 29-07-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I commute from Portmarnock to the south side on the dart, currently on 48 but getting terrible mobile reception.

Can anyone recommend a network with good reception along the dart line. I realise certain areas like Killbarrak will probably always have poor reception.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Do you expect mobile coverage to stay the same while you are on the move .

gleesonger wrote: »
    I commute from Portmarnock to the south side on the dart, currently on 48 but getting terrible mobile reception.

Can anyone recommend a network with good reception along the dart line. I realise certain areas like Killbarrak will probably always have poor reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

stuartkee wrote: »
    Do you expect mobile coverage to stay the same while you are on the move .

That's not what the OP said.

I know as far south as Pearse.

Vodafone will generally be ok and maintain at least some level of 3G along the line.

Meteor has a short drop out around Raheny-Harmonstown at the bit where the track is down in a valley but otherwise ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Vodafone will generally be ok and maintain at least some level of 3G along the line.

Meteor has a short drop out around Raheny-Harmonstown at the bit where the track is down in a valley but otherwise ok.

Thanks Cloudio9, I'll take a look at Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

I have probably only used the dart a handful of times in the last couple of years but on my last journey I have a recollection of their being free wifi for passengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Homer wrote: »
    I have probably only used the dart a handful of times in the last couple of years but on my last journey I have a recollection of their being free wifi for passengers?

It's kind of flakey. Requires login. Easier to use mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Homer wrote: »

It uses Vodafone, hence when Vodafone is crap, its crap too. External antenna helps but its shared across so many users there's limited capacity.

48 (also Tesco and Lyca) use the old O2 network only, which has been falling apart lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I feel your pain, I queried the same issue with Three not so long ago..

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057714170

My best suggestion would be go to Vodafone or else check what companies have masts along the dart line. Three have very few if any along the dart line

Andy Magic wrote: »
    My best suggestion would be go to Vodafone or else check what companies have masts along the dart line. Three have very few if any along the dart line
    http://siteviewer.comreg.ie/ is your friend here. :)

Advertisement