Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN issues - Virgin Media Hub

Options
  • 29-07-2017 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently switched to Virgin Media. I'm looking to set up a VPN on their "Virgin Media Hub' however, I can't see any means of being able to set up a VPN on their hub. The features on the hub are quite limited; there is no option to select pptp or l2tp connections so would I be correct in assuming that setting up a VPN on a virgin media hub is impossible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Ipse dixit

ED E wrote: »
    Yes.

Short but to the point - thanks!

It's a pretty useless piece of kit so.

I'd be interested to hear what solutions Virgin Media customers are using to use a VPN. I can get the VPN working on the hub through a slight workaround but it only works for one device at a time which is useless and not very practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Ipse dixit wrote: »
    Short but to the point - thanks!

It's a pretty useless piece of kit so.

I'd be interested to hear what solutions Virgin Media customers are using to use a VPN. I can get the VPN working on the hub through a slight workaround but it only works for one device at a time which is useless and not very practical.

Bridge and use your own router.

Advertisement