Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork soccer

Options
  • 29-07-2017 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I know there's lads do 6 a side here but seems to be full a lot.

I'm in the east Cork area and wouldn't mind starting doing something like this around.

If anyone knows any decent pitches we could play on and would be interested in playing let me know please.

All welcome, all ages and levels of fitness.

I am not fit but this is a good way of getting there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's an all weather in carrigtwohill. I may be interested in playing. Used to play with other lads but since moving out here that's gone off a cliff with not having full licence. Dying to get games again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The all weather in Carrigtwohill is probably the best option in east Cork. It's down behind the community centre and less than 2 minutes from the dual carriageway. It's also the best surface.

I'd get in there soon if interested; once the school term starts there'll be an amount of GAA/soccer teams wanting to use it for training at peak times. Alternatively there's a few weekly games that sometimes struggle for numbers if you wanted to join a game.

The all weather in Carrigtwohill is probably the best option in east Cork. It's down behind the community centre and less than 2 minutes from the dual carriageway. It's also the best surface.

I'd get in there soon if interested; once the school term starts there'll be an amount of GAA/soccer teams wanting to use it for training at peak times. Alternatively there's a few weekly games that sometimes struggle for numbers if you wanted to join a game.

If you know of any games midweek that may struggle with numbers let me know. Wouldn't mind getting a few runouts a week, have just started on a Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Would like to jump on the bandwagon aswell lads, if this develops into something :)

If there's interest in it, it can easily be set up. Justin does a great job on the one in Highfield. Would probably need 12 people though, felt the pitch was big for 5 a side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Mick McCarthys Baby

I'd be interested too lads ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tommynsr150

Excellent lads hopefully we'll get enough going. Maybe we can organise a kick about next week or something just to get the ball rolling?

Excellent lads hopefully we'll get enough going. Maybe we can organise a kick about next week or something just to get the ball rolling?

Once it's not the Tuesday I'm up for it. Thursday be ideal for me.

Mushy wrote: »
    Once it's not the Tuesday I'm up for it. Thursday be ideal for me.

Any night would suit me as long as it's 7 or after so hopefully we can get a few replies we can organise something

Monday to thursday Im good :)

• Advertisement

Monday to thursday Im good :)

Excellent Thursday seems to be a good one. Anyone here got any mates that would jump in for a game? Next week

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fiload

I'd be up for it too!

Excellent Thursday seems to be a good one. Anyone here got any mates that would jump in for a game? Next week

We should set up a whatsapp/viber/fb group so everyone can communicate easier :) logging onto boards is a chore at best :D

We should set up a whatsapp/viber/fb group so everyone can communicate easier :) logging onto boards is a chore at best :D

LOL yea true mate I'll set up a WhatsApp if everyone wants to pm me numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If you know of any games midweek that may struggle with numbers let me know.

It looks like Thursday suits you, but the guy I know who's sometimes short on a Thursday is on holiday atm - won't be seeing him for two and a bit weeks. If ye can't manage to get a game going here I can ask him.
    Would probably need 12 people though, felt the pitch was big for 5 a side.

You can play with 12 but the pitch is still a bit big. We find 14 to be the best number.

If you know of any games midweek that may struggle with numbers let me know.

It looks like Thursday suits you, but the guy I know who's sometimes short on a Thursday is on holiday atm - won't be seeing him for two and a bit weeks. If ye can't manage to get a game going here I can ask him.
    Would probably need 12 people though, felt the pitch was big for 5 a side.

You can play with 12 but the pitch is still a bit big. We find 14 to be the best number.

Yeah Thursday just suits so I can have a rest day after the Tuesday game.

If can get 14 here, it'd be great. Will see how it goes here but if it isn't looking likely definitely let your mate know. Cheers man!

If can get 14 here, it'd be great. Will see how it goes here but if it isn't looking likely definitely let your mate know. Cheers man!

Do ya wanna pm your number mate so I can start a whatsapp group try get a few lads together

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

14 is too many for Highfield

Do ya wanna pm your number mate so I can start a whatsapp group try get a few lads together

Just sent there. Cheers man.
    14 is too many for Highfield

This is for Carrigtwohill, pitches are fair bit bigger.

Would it be an idea to see if a notice can be put in the Cork county forum? Technical current boundaries and all that!

Just sent there. Cheers man.

This is for Carrigtwohill, pitches are fair bit bigger.

Would it be an idea to see if a notice can be put in the Cork county forum? Technical current boundaries and all that!

I put one in it bud and there's been no replies. I'll see what other options we have

• Advertisement

I'll check the all weather Facebook page too

7.30 Thursday 10th August, Carrigtwohill
    1. Mushy
    2. Tommynsr150
    3. Kielmanator

Got this booked in, as Tommy mentions, whoever wants to join we can put in their names. If got 12 or 14 it'd be great. Day can be discussed too, its not entirely set in stone

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

Lads, I'm away at the moment but know a game that is struggling on a Monday night, the organiser just needs 4or 5 regulars to keep it going.

Still looking for more people for a Thursday game as well if anyone wants to play. Carrigtwohill pitch.

Jeju wrote: »
    Lads, I'm away at the moment but know a game that is struggling on a Monday night, the organiser just needs 4or 5 regulars to keep it going.

Im in jeju PM me with details please :)

Advertisement