Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please!

• 29-07-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I bought a vape at the start of the year (istick mini) and just couldn't enjoy it at all. Upgraded on the advice of a friend to the aspire Plato, ordered from China and it was fine. However, I never got into it as I'm pretty sure the set up I had just doesn't suit me.
    So looking for advice on watts etc! Currently have it set to circa 8 watts using the 1.8 coil and it just doesn't seem that satisfying. Find it hard to substitute for cigarettes when I don't get much from it.
    FYI I typically smoke Marlboro touch, maybe 15-20 a day. And I find it hard to go to anything heavier than these including Marlboro lights so it's not like I'm looking for an overly strong hit.

Any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

What liquid are you using ? what strength ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

phelimoc wrote: »
    So I bought a vape at the start of the year (istick mini) and just couldn't enjoy it at all. Upgraded on the advice of a friend to the aspire Plato, ordered from China and it was fine. However, I never got into it as I'm pretty sure the set up I had just doesn't suit me.
    So looking for advice on watts etc! Currently have it set to circa 8 watts using the 1.8 coil and it just doesn't seem that satisfying. Find it hard to substitute for cigarettes when I don't get much from it.
    FYI I typically smoke Marlboro touch, maybe 15-20 a day. And I find it hard to go to anything heavier than these including Marlboro lights so it's not like I'm looking for an overly strong hit.

Any advice appreciated!!

For a 1.8 coil,your watts is too low & your eliquid nicotine is probably to low as well,I would use 18mg or 12mg nic strength liquid & set the power mode at 12w to start with & gradually increase the watts up until you get to your sweet spot...

here is a video explaining the Plato & 1.8 coil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSrnmqvEsI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

For a 1.8 coil,your watts is too low & your eliquid nicotine is probably to low as well,I would use 18mg or 12mg nic strength liquid & set the power mode at 12w to start with & gradually increase the watts up until you get to your sweet spot...

Definitely this, don't be afraid to up the wattage slowly. You'll get a lot more out of it at a higher wattage, but don't go straight to high!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 phelimoc

Apologies for the delay but thanks for the responses! Upped the wattage and seem to get more of a hit. Struggling a bit with coughing but from my research that seems to be normal enough?? Only have a 6mg liquid so that could be part of the problem, will try a stronger one next time and hopefully will stick to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

phelimoc wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay but thanks for the responses! Upped the wattage and seem to get more of a hit. Struggling a bit with coughing but from my research that seems to be normal enough?? Only have a 6mg liquid so that could be part of the problem, will try a stronger one next time and hopefully will stick to it.

Their's your problem right there.
    The nicotine content of juice while flavorless adds the kick or throat hit as it's known. Starting with 6mg is going to seem very weak compared to cigarettes. Especially with a 1.8 coil and low watts. These coils are intended for mouth to lung vaping at lower watts, somewhere in the 7 to 12 watt range, anything above that will start to get very hot.
    Also to get the same nicotine from vaping as smoking will require you to vape for far longer than it takes to smoke a cigarette.
    Get some 18 and or 12 mg juice and see how that works before giving up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement