Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DUB immigration centre

Options
  • 29-07-2017 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭

It's plastered all over the news the last couple of days of the go ahead for dublin airport's new immigration detention centre, to be built by OPW/on behalf of them.

Does anyone know where I can see plans or comp generated images of what it will look like ?

Nothing on DA websites or OPW website.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Surely a few large offices, a private interrogation space, an area to hold people for a few hours (24 hours maximum) and a canteen is all they need - or are they thinking of a Thornton Hall project? It could all be done within either Term 1 or 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Surely a few large offices, a private interrogation space, an area to hold people for a few hours (24 hours maximum) and a canteen is all they need - or are they thinking of a Thornton Hall project? It could all be done within either Term 1 or 2.

They're refurbishing an existing part of the airport apparently, it's not a new build project. I haven't seen any planning permission applications in relation to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I'd imagine they will just be adding cells to the existing Garda Station at Transaer House

Advertisement