Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory no longer shipping abroad.

Options
  • 29-07-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The option to ship abroad is greyed out in the payment site. I emailed support and got:

Dear customer,

unfortunately we can not to deliver to consumers outside of Germany anymore.

We are sorry to disappoint you.

I emailed back asking more but they are happy to ignore me. Would be a shame to lose them. Any other decent options besides Amazon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

zrau84 wrote: »
    The option to ship abroad is greyed out in the payment site. I emailed support and got:

Dear customer,

unfortunately we can not to deliver to consumers outside of Germany anymore.

We are sorry to disappoint you.

I emailed back asking more but they are happy to ignore me. Would be a shame to lose them. Any other decent options besides Amazon?

Komplett excellent service but not great on price or range.
    Scan.co.uk
    Overclockers.co.uk

Have to say though I mainly use Komplett and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Probably a bit like when e-Buyer pulled out. Their TAX break here expired.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

any other mainland europe providers?
    hope there will be otherwise we gonna get screwed after brexit if import duty applies from UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Inviere

Laviski wrote: »
    any other mainland europe providers?
    hope there will be otherwise we gonna get screwed after brexit if import duty applies from UK

The other EU regional Amazons, .de, .fr, .it, & .es are always worth a check.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Computer universe is fairly good, caseking.de are sound too AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I mainly use amazon these days, check all their sites for the best price. Used to use Scan and OCUK but their prices aren't really competitive anymore. Those packs of Haribo must be fierce expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I used to use OCUK a lot but lately their prices have gone absolutely crap and I have had one or two issues with their service too, so I've stopped using them.

Mainly use Amazon now, hard to beat them on prices for some things like GPU's but their prices on other things like PSU's are often pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

I noticed that as well. I wanted to order a monitor and graphics card and then saw that message.

I'd go to Amazon as a second but they won't ship the monitor to Ireland, and I don't want to use Parcel Motel for something that expensive.

Seems Scan.co.uk is the next stop here; since OcUK want nearly £200 more for same item.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zrau84

Overclockers was a good recommendation, thanks. Just picked up a Palit 1060 6gb there for 320 Euro including shipping. No too bad a deal considering the current inflations. Had my eye on the RX 580 but gave up waiting.

Amazon have a couple of GTX1060 6GB's for about €260 delivered. Not in stock but should be shortly and you can pre-order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's quite consistently going to be Amazon for the best price I find - they're currently doing a 1060 6GB for $267 including delivery (and the free delivery does help). I've found Novatech can have some decent prices too, and of course Parcel Motel really help things out at €3.95 per item for €7.95 for large deliveries. Who knows what will happen post-Brexit, but since the GBP has plummeted I was finding the prices in the UK (mainly Amazon) a good deal more often than not were better than Mindfactory.

The regional Amazons (particularly .de) are also good and while I have never pulled the trigger on an order from them I have gone all the way to payment and their delivery charges are perfectly acceptable, typically €6-8 to Ireland from what I have seen.

Amazon have a couple of GTX1060 6GB's for about €260 delivered. Not in stock but should be shortly and you can pre-order.

August 7th, so anyone who preorders it would quite possibly have it by the end of next week - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-NVIDIA-GeForce-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B01IA9FEOO/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1501501349&sr=1-4&keywords=1060+6gb

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is www.alternate.de any use? I used to use their trade service years ago and always found that rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Had my troubles with them as can be seen in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103937779

Finally got my refund today after more than 2 and a half weeks of waiting, All in all, including the time I spent shipping the graphics card back and forth, it took well over a month :rolleyes:

Even if they were still shipping to Ireland, I don't think I'd ever use them again anyway. I'm gonna stick to Amazon from now on.

Oh man do I miss Mindfactory more than ever now!

I placed a big order at Scan.co.uk, and DPD delivered my packages to some random bloke in Manchester in the UK. I got the delivery notification just a while back, so the chap as had my order for over an hour now.

Scan are now trying to get DPD to recollect it, and redeliver to me. Although chances are high the person as opened it all by now; and possibly used parts.

For what it's worth, most people wouldn't have a f***ing clue what to do with any individual PC components.

Well there's a 34" Asus Ultrawide monitor in there, and those are shipped in their own boxes. So the chap knows exactly what that is. At most confuses it with a big new telly for him to play with.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, but knowing DPD it might get bungled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I know that in USA, you are not legally obligated to return a package delivered to you by mistake; wonder what the story is over here.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I know that in USA, you are not legally obligated to return a package delivered to you by mistake; wonder what the story is over here.

Guess I'll find out soon. Scan's support said they're trying to get DPD to recollect, but no idea how that'll turn out.

Was hoping to get my monitor and stuff by tomorrow to set up for new telecommuting job.

So the Support Manager at Scan was nice enough to issue a new order to be delivered to me. They're getting DPD to collect the miss-delivered one and return it to their warehouse.

I've also just been informed that the original order was in two boxes, one; the monitor was "mistakenly" delivered to someone in Manchester; where as the other with my other components are still enroute to Ireland.

Even Scan are perplexed as to how that can happen, given both had the same shipping labels and addresses on them for Ireland.
    Seems a bit fishy to me.

I'm just glad they're sending me a brand new, un-opened monitor; and they're keeping an eye on my other components. So far Scan as quickly stepped up.

• Advertisement

Good to hear, ordering online the likes of that means a lot.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good to hear, ordering online the likes of that means a lot.

It really does. A company is only as good as their support, and I must say I've been very impressed by Scan regarding this.

I hope they do right by others here who may use them as well. Now hoping it all arrives in one piece and DPD hasn't kicked it around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Fedex

Please no...not my monitor as well! :eek:

Some of the couriers are criminal. I sent a PC via Nightline a year or two ago, it was well wrapped in bubble wrap, and in a large cardboard box with styrofoam inserts, etc - and even covered with fragile stickers to boot.

Arrived and the PC was so damaged the side window was broken and case was dented, graphics card had snapped out of the pci-e lane, hard drive cage was actually broken, one hard drive thrown out of the cage, etc.

Like you would actually have to be flinging it off great heights repeatedly to inflict that sort of damage....that doesn't just happened with a casual knock or two..or three, or four even.

Some drivers just don't give a ****. I actually find An Post do a good job with parcels and treat them pretty decently.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LostHiigaran

I avoid UPS like the plague, but any others seem to be fine.

I've bought stuff at good prices from amazon.co.uk, caseking.de and overclockers.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Some of the couriers are criminal. I sent a PC via Nightline a year or two ago, it was well wrapped in bubble wrap, and in a large cardboard box with styrofoam inserts, etc - and even covered with fragile stickers to boot.

That was the mistake you made. Red tag to a bill etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Video

Most of that would be the US. Signing for delivery's would appear to be a unusual practise there, which I find really odd. You can be talking TV's, huge boxes just left there at the door.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I still find scan/ocuk the best. Don't mind paying a little premium for reliability. DHL and DPD never let me down either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Most of that would be the US. Signing for delivery's would appear to be a unusual practise there, which I find really odd. You can be talking TV's, huge boxes just left there at the door.

In Ireland the house owner is unlikely to be armed... with an AK47.

Advertisement