Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory no longer shipping abroad.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good to hear, ordering online the likes of that means a lot.

So my order arrived Wednesday afternoon from Scan. Monitor is superb. Sadly the graphics card is defective. It'll artifact and crash the system when put under load, for games or benchmarks.
    In two systems as well, AMD Ryzen and Intel X99.

Scan have arranged for DPD to collect it for the RMA to test it.

Sadly they couldn't get DPD to collect today, but at least it'll get picked up tomorrow before the Bank Holiday.

Must say, so far I'm really impressed by their support. Hopefully they can sort out that graphics card soon.

New monitor
    http://i.imgur.com/93NQKNw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Could this work?

https://www.mailboxde.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zrau84

My full PC build plus monitor just arrived from Amazon via Anpost in two boxes. The smaller box that contained mobo and PSU was caved in and partially open. The boxes inside were badly scuffed, the antistatic bag around mobo actually had tiny holes in it where the sound card and RAM slot poked it through.

The items in the larger box were not much better. Just left to roll around an empty space. Ryzen box looks like someone kicked it. Neither box had bubble wrap just a stingy amount of brown paper. Not impressed. You'd think they could spare some bubble wrap after spending 1k. PC case won't arrive until monday, will be interesting to see if anything is DOA.

The GPU + Haribo that just shipped from overclockers.uk had excellent protection, bubble wrap stuffed to the brim on all sides.

Cavey wrote: »

Looks like it would if you care to gamble. Remaining VAT to Ireland gets charged by them I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would take pictures before opening them up etc, I've only had good experiences from An Post but that's very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Poor from amazon too. Everything I've ever bought from them has always been exceedingly over packed, small boxes inside much bigger boxes with loads of bubble wrap or brown paper to fill the gaps. Good thing is their customer service is first rate is if anything is damaged you'll be sorted.

The case will most likely be sent in its retail box so it should be well packed.

• Advertisement

Sorry yeah, also poor on their end. Odd too, since I have bought the majority of bits for two budget builds as gifts in the last few months and was in a sea of bubble wrap. Would have figured they'd be consistent with that.

I did have to get a refund on a second hand motherboard (stupidly figured 'some bent pins' to mean on the general sockets and not the CPU area itself!) and they got back to me within an hour to allow the refund and send me a docket to pay for the return packaging. I sent it and kept the receipt, they said they did not receive it but processed the refund anyway even before I said I had a photo of it. So if anything is not working right, at least there's the peace of mind that they are great on returns (in my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zrau84

Yeah, I've ordered loads of small gadgets and books from Amazon and they always came pristine and well wrapped. Looks like a combination of lazy packaging by someone and then something falling on the smaller box, then heavy PSU banging on top of the mobo box during travel.

Can't detect any physical damage to components so fingers crossed. Good to hear they are fast with returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Amazon are ace about stuff like that. Tell them you want to return everything and that you want replacement items sent out.

(and then anyone looking to pick up any of the parts you did can get them on the cheap at Amazon warehouse in a week or two!)

:pac:

Advertisement