Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climber concerns with dogs

Options
  • 29-07-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi there
    I have a very large shed at the bottom of the garden ( 1800 sq ft) that I was going to cover with some climbing plants, the walls were never plastered so it's not very pleasing to look at. I was looking at Virginia creeper but my concerns are for my 2 dog's. Is it poisonous? The dog's do eat grass from time to time but never anything else, but I would be worried maybe about berries falling on the grass.
    Has anybody any experience of Virginia creeper and pets? Or failing that any suggestions for a safe climber that would cover such a large buliding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We've Virginia creeper and our dog. Never seen her show any interest in it. It doesn't have any berries so no problem there either.
    It is a lovely climber and beautiful in autumn when the leaves them. Hth

Advertisement