Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeast Bread

Options
  • 29-07-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

When I make it I like it to be nicely rounded on top and I don't like it when it sinks in the oven.

i am not sure how important it is as I eat it anyway and cannot tell the difference but I am wondering how to avoid this sinking.

Should I put it into the oven just before it is reaching what looks like its peak height? Does the bread actually carry on rising once it is in the oven or is that a misconception ?

I feel (and may have read) that it does continue rising but I again have never actually observed this (I bake mostly brown bread and perhaps that explains a bit)

Supplementary question:is it possible to over knead ? (not that I do- I hardly knead at all in fact,although I do use strong flour)

Advertisement