Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best type of exercise for low carb diets

Options
  • 29-07-2017 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

I found am a bit low on energy when i do low carb diet. Even going for usual 10 minute run seem like too much. Best to eat before training or after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Either consume your carbs before training or do some lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

nataljalis wrote: »
    I found am a bit low on energy when i do low carb diet. Even going for usual 10 minute run seem like too much. Best to eat before training or after.

What are your goals and stats?

Typical days food?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't see how yoga is always a better way to lose weight. I can see how it might aid in getting you in a good head space and help you keep your body mobile and flexible for exercise that will burn calories for losing weight.

Because when you're relaxed, you're not carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Surely a steady state walk for 20 minutes would be best if the O.P can't run.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Surely a steady state walk for 20 minutes would be best if the O.P can't run.

Not if they want to run.

If it's just a simple case of re-jigging when they eat in relation to training (or vice versa), then that would be the better course of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I would be fairly worried that you are not eating enough if you can't manage a 10 minute run. Calorie deficits shouldn't be so serve that you are running that low on energy.

If your approach to nutrition for fat loss is not sustainable and leading you to not be able to perform simple activities you used to enjoy then maybe you need a more effective approach.

From my experience 99% of the time those using a very low carb approach to fat loss havent simply tried cutting calories back first to deficit levels. They just follow that method because theyve read somewhere that if you want to drop fat then all you need to do is eliminate carbs.

The goal of nutrition for fat loss is to do it in a way that makes you the least miserable. its not an exercise in how sh1tty can you feel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Veronica Hudson

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You can do some simple yoga. Yoga is always a better way to lose weight, as it makes your body and mind calm and relax. If you want you can visit this link [font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://goo.gl/XxuaLy[/font]

I don't see how yoga is always a better way to lose weight. I can see how it might aid in getting you in a good head space and help you keep your body mobile and flexible for exercise that will burn calories for losing weight.
    Have you heard about Bikram yoga? maybe not, cause if you did then you wouldn't be saying these things...

Have you heard about Bikram yoga? maybe not, cause if you did then you wouldn't be saying these things...

I have and I've done it. It's good for sweating alright. But that's balanced by drinking water, which you're supposed to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Increase your fat intake for energy (google fat bombs) - should give you energy for your run. I always take a few spoonfuls of peanut butter for energy. I eat LCHF - check out Tim Noakes for info.

• Advertisement

sauna helps with sweating if thats what you want also

Increase your fat intake for energy (google fat bombs) - should give you energy for your run. I always take a few spoonfuls of peanut butter for energy. I eat LCHF - check out Tim Noakes for info.
    calorie intake trumps macro intake i.e. most people simply need to cut back on CALORIES not food groups

Ive only ever found a low carb and lowER calorie approach to work well with people that have been overweight for a significant amount of time and dont exercise to any great extent.

If you want to reduce carbs intake thats fine as long as you're still keeping calories where they should be and not compensating by eating a truck load of fats which would then increase calorie intake to maintenance or above maintenance levels

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why do you think it's good for weight loss?

You'd lose more weight quicker going to the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mellor wrote: »
    Why do you think it's good for weight loss?

I wouldn't bother, the poster in question has a habit of posting unusual opinions without any attempt at real discussion.

Zillah wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother, the poster in question has a habit of posting unusual opinions without any attempt at real discussion.

You're very dismissive.

Perhaps if you drank some camomile tea you would be less so and lose weight.

Zillah wrote: »

I wonder if she has a newsletter or periodical I could subscribe to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Transform wrote: »
    calorie intake trumps macro intake i.e. most people simply need to cut back on CALORIES not food groups

Ive only ever found a low carb and lowER calorie approach to work well with people that have been overweight for a significant amount of time and dont exercise to any great extent.

If you want to reduce carbs intake thats fine as long as you're still keeping calories where they should be and not compensating by eating a truck load of fats which would then increase calorie intake to maintenance or above maintenance levels

Eating a truckload of fat is exactly what I aim to do! I eat low carb high fat :D

Eating a truckload of fat is exactly what I aim to do! I eat low carb high fat :D

Eating a "truckload" of fat will sabotage any weight loss.
    Energy balance is the most import factor.

Advertisement