Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bullet proof coffee

• 29-07-2017 5:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Is there any real value in the "grass fed" butter idea. Is normal butter just the same? Plus do you have to go and buy the chemical stuff to go into it or is cocnut oil ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

nataljalis wrote: »
    Is there any real value in the "grass fed" butter idea. Is normal butter just the same? Plus do you have to go and buy the chemical stuff to go into it or is cocnut oil ok?
    Cattle in Ireland are largely grass fed. So Irish butter is largely from grass fed cattle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I find coffee tastes better without the addition of butter. Grass fed or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

nataljalis wrote: »

Hi again,

At what point in the process do you add this butter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I assume the op is talking about this: https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-butter-coffee-bulletproof/

Never heard of it before I googled "butter in coffee" and can't say I ever want to try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Where will he get the XCT Oil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Where will he get the XCT Oil?

Just use coconut oil.

What I do is take the coffee, butter and oil and mix it together in a Nutribullet. It's nice but, I don't have it that often. If you like cream in your coffee then you might like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This sounds absolutely and utterly revolting.

keep it simple is what I say.

Freshly roasted and freshly ground beans, aeropress...

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Watch this, it's just the usual fad thought up by some maniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If the aim is to not use milk why not just not use milk? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Bulletproof coffee is just a marketing fad just like green bean coffee was. Ignore, enjoy the great fresh coffee from Irish roasters.

This Youtube comment puts it well...

"Dave Asprey has hacked himself into a guy who's incredibly talented at talking about how he hacked himself into a guy who's incredibly talented at talking about how he hacked himself."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

lawred2 wrote: »
    If the aim is to not use milk why not just not use milk? :/

cause that's not the aim.

(whether you agree with the actual aim or not is a different matter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I use freshly ground Ponaire organic Peru coffee, 1 tablespoon of grass fed organic ghee, 1 tablespoon of Bulletproof XCT oil and a teaspoon of organic raw cacao.

Blend it all together. Some buzz of it.

Advertisement