Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport app

Options
  • 29-07-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi, I have eir home broadband but I never used the eir sports until yesterday, I am actually out of contract at the moment, I rang up and a very helpful lady set up the sports for me on the sky box, which is working fine.

I then downloaded the eir sport(green) and myeir apps, again both are working fine when I'm in the house using my eir wifi, they also work fine with my mobile data (I'm with 48).

My girlfriend has Vodafone broadband at home, I spend a lot of my time there, I attempted to log in the eir sport app and it's a disaster, it takes ages just to get to the login page, it then might take me to the home page once in ten attempts, or it tells me that my email isn't valid, or it says the app is down for maintenance.

It hasn't once showed any sport while using my girlfriend's WiFi, everything else on my phone works fine, speed test on her broadband was showing 22meg download speed, I also tried logging in with the app on my tablet, no good, the myeir app works fine though,

When I go home and log in to the sport app it doesn't register any previous logins on the device management page, except for those made at home with eir broadband!

It also seems to see my phone as two separate devices for some reason, this is very frustrating and will be a deal-breaker for me if I can't get it resolved,

Can you please advise on what steps I can take to rectify this, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi, I have eir home broadband but I never used the eir sports until yesterday, I am actually out of contract at the moment, I rang up and a very helpful lady set up the sports for me on the sky box, which is working fine.

I then downloaded the eir sport(green) and myeir apps, again both are working fine when I'm in the house using my eir wifi, they also work fine with my mobile data (I'm with 48).

My girlfriend has Vodafone broadband at home, I spend a lot of my time there, I attempted to log in the eir sport app and it's a disaster, it takes ages just to get to the login page, it then might take me to the home page once in ten attempts, or it tells me that my email isn't valid, or it says the app is down for maintenance.

It hasn't once showed any sport while using my girlfriend's WiFi, everything else on my phone works fine, speed test on her broadband was showing 22meg download speed, I also tried logging in with the app on my tablet, no good, the myeir app works fine though,

When I go home and log in to the sport app it doesn't register any previous logins on the device management page, except for those made at home with eir broadband!

It also seems to see my phone as two separate devices for some reason, this is very frustrating and will be a deal-breaker for me if I can't get it resolved,

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your eir Sport app. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

- Adam

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your eir Sport app. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Did you get this sorted? I can’t get it to work on Vodafone WiFi either. Cheers

heroics wrote: »
    Did you get this sorted? I can’t get it to work on Vodafone WiFi either. Cheers
    Hi heroics, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear this. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement