Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ligue 1 Superthread 2017/18

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yup, not the prettiest he'll score for them, but he's off the mark. They've looked much better here second half.

• 3-0 Neymar
    Was always on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

3-0 to PSG. Comfortable result for them in the end.

I thought Neymar had a great start to his PSG career. Really enjoyed watching him operate in a free role. He got his goal and provided an assist and linked up well with his new teammates. Can't ask for much more from a player making his debut really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Falcao's second goal was spectacular from yesterday. What a player he is still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Hilarious own goal from Guingamp.

Monaco are in action away to Metz at 7.45. The game is on BT Sport 3. Team news:
    Metz XI: Didillon; Rivierez, NiakhatDiagne, Assou-Ekotto; Poblete, Cafú; Jouffre, Cohade, Jallow; Roux

Monaco XI: Subasic; Sidibe, Jemerson, Glik, Jorge; Fabinho, Moutinho, Lopes, Lemar; Diakhaby, Falcao.

No Mbappe in the squad again. Is he Man City-bound I wonder?

Didillon is a keeper I like. He will be tested a fair bit I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Been a poor watch so far, I got a good laugh out of seeing Assou-Ekotto is playing tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Guess it's the hallmark of chanpions to grind out a win, even while playing poorly - Falcao's revival shows the difference 100% fitness can make to personal form, perhaps he would have been a success in England without that horrific run of injuries.

Yeah it's great to see Falcao continuing to do well. There's big pressure on him to keep up the goals while this Mbappe saga rolls on.

• Advertisement

Saturday's results:
    Nice 2-0 Guingamp
    Montpellier 1-1 Strasbourg
    Rennes 2-2 Dijon
    Saint-Etienne 3-0 Amiens
    Troyes 0-1 Nantes
    Lyon 3-3 Bordeaux

Nice and Nantes picked up their first points of the season. Saint-Etienne continue their good form. No goals conceded from them so far.

Lyon vs Bordeaux looks like it was a great game. Malcom got two goals for Bordeaux. He's a player I like a lot. I can see him attracting attention from bigger clubs soon. I think he'd be a good fit at Monaco actually.

Lille lost 2-0 to Caen at home earlier. Very surprised at that result. Some early pressure on Bielsa now after a good start. Marseille held to a 1-1 draw at home to Angers as well. Angers have had a fine start to the season.

PSG vs Toulouse is kicking off at 8 pm. Here are the teams:
    PSG XI: Areola; Daniel Alves, Kimpembe, Thiago Silva, Kurzawa; Verratti, Thiago Motta, Rabiot; Di Mar Cavani, Neymar.

Toulouse XI: Lafont; Amian, Jullien, Diop, Moubandje; Gradel, Somalia, Blin, Durmaz; Delort, Toivonen.

Two young promising keepers on show tonight. Nice to see Diop back in defence alongside Jullien. I like those two defenders but they have one hell of a test facing them tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blin looks a serious prospect, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on up against the calibre of PSG's midfield.

Toulouse lead! Gradel! The most blatant example of a team scoring against the run of play you'll see as PSG have been all over them. :pac:

Neymar scores!

He's deserved that.

Update: And Rabiot makes it 2-1 now. Lovely strike.

He's developing into such a great player.

Half-Time: PSG lead the game 2-1 and are worthy of the lead. Neymar has caught the eye again and caused Toulouse plenty of problems. He went close twice before his goal, and also floated a lovely pass to Cavani which Cavani couldn't finish.

Rabiot and Verratti have been very enjoyable to watch in midfield. Toulouse have struggled to live with PSG but have had some joy down the right flank going forward. Amian provided a lovely assist for Gradel's goal. I can only see more goals in this for PSG though.

Verratti's been given a second yellow. Twenty minutes left to go.

• Advertisement

PSG penalty. Silly foul by Delort on Neymar.

And Cavani scores it. 3-1 and that should be the game for PSG despite being a man down.

Oh hang on, it's 3-2 now! Jullien powers in a great header from a corner.

Gorgeous goal from Pastore to make it 4-2. That really ought to be it. :pac:

Update: Scratch that, PSG aren't done! Kurzawa with an acrobatic effort from a Neymar corner makes it 5-2. Another great goal.

Sweet Jesus, what a goal Kurzawa! :eek:

Neymar taking the piss big time there! I love it.

https://twitter.com/amir_suti/status/899373821375000578

• Advertisement

Take a bow Neymar. Absolute class right there, 6-2 PSG.

6-2! Neymar! What a player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

PSG penalty. Silly foul by Delort on Neymar.

And Cavani scores it. 3-1 and that should be the game for PSG despite being a man down.

Thought Neymar would have been on penalties :eek:

Full-Time and it ends 6-2. Anyone who didn't see that game might think it was a walk in the park but Toulouse were still in the contest with twenty minutes to go after Verratti was sent off. Even when PSG made it 3-1 to their credit they clawed it back to 3-2 but once PSG made it 4-2, the game was beyond them. PSG scored some great goals and were just too good, even with a man less.

Rabiot played very well in midfield. Kurzawa was a threat going forward and scored a great goal. And Neymar? Well it's early days but that transfer looks like super business. He's such fun to watch as the main man who the team revolves around.

Nice goal & feet by Neymar tonight, defending was so bad for it Toulouse made Dejan Lovren look like Franco Baresi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Ah I've only copped this thread now, I was wondering the other day why there was no 17/18 version.

Anyways, Nantes are back to their old tricks. Lost the 2 games I sat down to watch, then won the one I missed (with 10 men)

I'll be watching on Saturday.. stick all your money on Lyon.

PSG vs Saint-Etienne about to kick off in fifteen minutes. Teams are in:
    PSG XI: Areola; Meunier, Kimpembe, Marquinhos, Kurzawa; Motta, Rabiot, Pastore; Di Maria, Cavani, Neymar.

Saint-Etienne XI: Ruffier - Janko, T-Catherine, Perrin, Pierre-Gabriel, Gabriel Silva - Maiga, Selnes, Dabo - Bamba, Hamouma.

Very much looking forward to this one. Both sides have 9 points from 9 so far. PSG are scoring goals for fun, Saint-Etienne have yet to concede. The irresistible force meets the immovable object.

Bamba and Hamouma have been in good form so far. Ruffier is one of the best keepers in the league. Not to mention Neymar features who has been superb.

This could be a great game.

PSG vs Saint-Etienne about to kick off in fifteen minutes. Teams are in:

Very much looking forward to this one. Both sides have 9 points from 9 so far. PSG are scoring goals for fun, Saint-Etienne have yet to concede. The irresistible force meets the immovable object.

Bamba and Hamouma have been in good form so far. Ruffier is one of the best keepers in the league. Not to mention Neymar features who has been superb.

This could be a great game.

Ruffier has to be one of the most unlucky keepers around. Just as he comes to the fore so does Lloris and Mandanda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

How was Janko not sent off? He was the last man. Also, didn't look like it was inside the box, looked right on the edge.

Thumping pen from Cavani.

Good effort from Ruffier but too much power in that peno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Great save by Areola.

1-0 at half-time to PSG. I think Saint-Etienne will be reasonably satisfied with that half even though they are behind. They contained PSG and Neymar pretty well and by the end of the half they were causing problems. If Bamba had taken that chance which Areola saved it would have been a very good half.

Update: 2-0 to PSG. Motta scores from a Neymar set-piece.

Update II: Cavani scores from a Draxler cross. 3-0.

Full-Time and PSG win it 3-0, inflicting a first defeat on Saint-Etienne and scoring the first goals against them.

Neymar was involved in all three goals and looked lively. I thought Di Maria was underwhelming though.

Saint-Etienne will be disappointed. Conceding a second early in the second half was a killer for them. There was only going to be one winner after that.

Saturday results:
    Nantes 0-0 Lyon
    Amiens 3-0 Nice
    Bordeaux 2-1 Troyes
    Caen 1-0 Metz
    Dijon 2-1 Montpellier
    Toulouse 3-2 Rennes

The misery continues for Nice. Knocked out of the Champions League by Napoli and now thrashed 3-0 by promoted side Amiens. They only lost 4 games in total in the league last season; here we are still in August and they've already lost 3 times.

Ranieri got a decent result against Lyon.

Guingamp beat Strasbourg 2-0 and Angers and Lilles drew 1-1 in the early games.

Monaco vs Marseille is coming up at 8 pm. Mbappe is on the bench and if speculation is to be believed, this is likely to be his final involvement with Monaco. Teams:
    Monaco XI: Subasic; Sidibe, Jemerson, Glik, Jorge; Fabinho, Moutinho, Lopes, Lemar; Diakhaby, Falcao.

Marseille XI: Mandanda; Sakai, Doria, Rolando, Hubočan, Amavi; Sanson, Gustavo, Sertic; Thauvin, Germain.

Looking forward to this one. It could be very interesting. Germain going up against Monaco for the first time since his move.

Glik scores!

What a start.

And then nearly two. Mandanda tips Diakhaby's shot on to the post. Marseille all over the place in the opening minutes.

Falcao penalty, 2-0 Monaco. No way back for Marseille now I fear.

Lovely header from Falcao to make it 3-0.

Update: 4-0 now. Diakhaby taps in after good work from Lopes. Awful from Marseille.

Half-Time now. Wretched stuff from Marseille. Worse than Arsenal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Surprised this has been quite so one-sided. Monaco have murdered them.

• Advertisement

Sidibe gets in on the act to make it five. I think the commentators said three more goals will take Monaco top on goal difference.

Update: Well Marseille get one back through Cabella.

6-1 to Monaco. Fabinho from the spot. Shame Falcao was substituted as he could have got another hat-trick.

Full-Time. 6-1. Marseille put out of their misery. They were so bad at the back it was unreal. I don't think Aston Villa will want Jordan Amavi back from his loan spell. He was really bad.

Falcao did very well for Monaco. Lopes looked a real threat down the right. Diakhaby had some nice moments.

Very good evening for Monaco but a dispiriting loss for Marseille. On this evidence it's highly unlikely they can challenge PSG and Monaco this season.

Mbappe makes his debut for PSG tonight against Metz. Game kicks off at 7.45 on BT Sport 3.
    Metz XI: Kawashima; Balliu, Bisevac, Niakhate, Ekotto; Philipps, Cafu; Dossevi, Cohade, Riviere; Roux.

PSG XI: Areola; Meunier, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Yuri Berchiche; Motta, Rabiot; Mbappe, Draxler, Neymar; Cavani.

Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani and Draxler in the same team. Wow.

Looking forward to seeing how Berchiche gets on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mbappe makes his debut for PSG tonight against Metz. Game kicks off at 7.45 on BT Sport 3.

4 2 4 back to the 70s!

1-0. Cavani breaks Metz's stubborn resistance. He hit the post earlier in the half.

• Advertisement

Who needs defence when you can score 40 goals

Equaliser! Riviere scores for Metz. Meunier poor in defence.

Half-Time: The teams go in level. Metz have done a good job making things difficult for PSG. Mbappe has had a lot of attention whenever he has got on the ball but he had some nice moments, especially a cross with the outside of his foot to set up Cavani who had his header saved.

I'd still expect PSG to go on and win it comfortably but credit to Metz for making a game of it.

Oh what a stunning miss from Riviere to get a second for Metz. :eek:

https://twitter.com/CuriosidadesEUR/status/906244706996289536

Was that a red?
    I mean Assou-Ekotto is a mess but it wasn't that bad.

Never a red card that

• Advertisement
Advertisement