Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ligue 1 Superthread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like the relationship with Lille is breaking down quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So PSG have scored more goals than any other team in the group stages of a Champions League competition. They have only conceded one goal and that was by a player who came through the PSG academy!

greendom wrote: »
    So PSG have scored more goals than any other team in the group stages of a Champions League competition. They have only conceded one goal and that was by a player who came through the PSG academy!

Monaco vs PSG will be very interesting on Sunday. Monaco were themselves hammered by Leipzig while PSG hammered Celtic. The form of the teams would seem to suggest a handy PSG win, even though it is a much more important game for Monaco than for PSG. I think PSG would have to be considered the strong favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Pfft, PSG & Monaco. The big weekend game is the Breton Derby, 4pm today...

https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien/status/934532492744364038

I didn't realise the sacking had been confirmed. His dismissal didn't boost the players on this occasion anyway.

Weekend results so far:
    Saint-Etienne 2-2 Strasbourg
    Rennes 2-1 Nantes
    Caen 1-0 Bordeaux
    Dijon 3-1 Toulouse
    Metz 0-2 Amiens
    Montpellier 3-0 Lille
    Troyes 3-0 Angers

There's two South Korean players doing well at the moment that have caught my eye: Kwon Chang- hoon of Dijon and Suk Hyun-Jun of Troyes. They both scored in their team's draw last week and they impressed me in the highlights I saw. They also got on the scoresheet again today. There is the incentive of getting into Korea's World Cup squad to motivate them. If they keep up the form they have a chance. They each only have a handful of caps.

Very good result for Caen. They've exceeded my expectations this season. A sore one to take for Nantes as they lose to Rennes. They had to play the last half an hour with ten men I hear.

Monaco vs PSG is obviously the eye-catching fixture tomorrow but Nice vs Lyon could be good too. Marseille play Guingamp in the other game.

Lyon are currently leading Nice 4-0 at half-time! The home fans jeered the Nice players off. Nice have been really poor in possession and Lyon have punished them ruthlessly. Depay has been very good as has Cornet, and Aouar and Ndombele have impressed in midfield.

This goal from Cornet was the pick of the bunch:

https://twitter.com/InsideGones/status/934789489553231872

Update: Now Nice down to ten men as Marlon gets a second booking. Twenty minutes remaining.

Update II: 5-0 now to Lyon as academy graduate Maolida scores after coming on as sub.

Full-Time: Lyon win 5-0. As excellent as Lyon were, Nice were woeful.

Thauvin got the winner as Marseille beat Guingamp 1-0. Current table before tonight's match between Monaco and PSG:

PSG - 35 pts
    Lyon - 29 pts
    Monaco - 29 pts
    Marseille - 28 pts

A win for Monaco keeps the title race alive. A draw keeps things fairly interesting. A win for PSG and it's probably all but over. The game is live on BT Sport with kick-off at 8. Teams are in:
    Monaco XI: Subasic - Toure, Raggi, Glik, Jemerson, Jorge - Fabinho, Moutinho, Tielemans - Falcao, Balde.

PSG XI: Areola - Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Kurzawa - Verratti, Rabiot, Draxler - Mbappe, Cavani, Neymar.

Hope Monaco can get the win but I have to go with PSG based on form. Expect Mbappe to be fired up for this game which is his first time back against his former side.

1-0. Cavani opens the scoring after a nice assist from Draxler. Jemerson could have done better there. Draxler played it through his legs. What a sh*tty week Jemerson is having.

Update: PSG go in at the break leading 1-0. They deserve their lead. Mbappe should have scored in the opening minutes. He went around Subasic but hit the side netting. Draxler missed a decent chance too. Monaco have struggled to create anything and have had to resort to long balls which is simple for Silva and Marquinhos. Keita Balde has looked most likely to do something but this game is looking like a comfortable PSG win unless something changes.

Peno to PSG. Neymar fouled by Toure.

WHO TAKES IT?

Answer: Neymar who sends Subasic the wrong way. 2-0.

Update: PSG should be out of sight in this game. Mbappe has missed several good chances. Neymar just put a chance on a plate for him and he missed the target again. Just over fifteen minutes remaining. And then Cavani misses a sitter. This should be 5-0 at least.

GOAL! 2-1 now.

Deflected free-kick from Moutinho finds the net. It came off Mbappe's back. :pac:

Amazingly this game is still alive. About ten minutes remaining.

• Advertisement

It's all over. The game and probably the title race too. PSG go 9 points clear after that win.

Monaco were second best all night. PSG really should have put this to bed a long time ago. They were very wasteful in front of goal. Mbappe's finishing was very poor and Cavani missed a good chance too when he headed wide. Neymar was very good (shock) and Rabiot and Verratti dominated in midfield. I felt sorry for Falcao who worked hard all night with limited service. Jemerson had another shaky day at the back as did Raggi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just when we thought Monaco’s recruitment game couldn’t get any stronger.....:pac:

He’s had years of success hoovering up young talent at Chelsea, could be a very profitable move for the club given their approach to transfers.

There's two South Korean players doing well at the moment that have caught my eye: Kwon Chang- hoon of Dijon and Suk Hyun-Jun of Troyes. They both scored in their team's draw last week and they impressed me in the highlights I saw. They also got on the scoresheet again today. There is the incentive of getting into Korea's World Cup squad to motivate them. If they keep up the form they have a chance. They each only have a handful of caps.

Kwon Chang-hoon got another goal for Dijon tonight but they lost 2-1 to Amiens.

Strasbourg vs Caen ended goalless while Bordeaux beat Saint-Etienne 3-0. Malcom scored a great goal in that game:

https://twitter.com/VideosCDL1/status/935613542601981952

As things stand right now, Caen are 6th and Amiens are 7th. I wouldn't have imagined that at the start of the season.

Seven matches are on tomorrow. BT Sport are showing a double bill of Nantes vs Monaco from 6pm and PSG vs Troyes from 8pm.

Wow, Lucas Lima has fired in a winner for Nantes over Monaco in the last seconds!

Ranieri is getting one over on his former club. It was the last kick of the game. Monaco were poor.

PSG have a penalty. Cavani went down theatrically, although his shirt was tugged. Looks like Cavani is having this one.

AND IT'S SAVED!

Neymar should have taken it! :D

I'm pleased for Troyes because they've acquitted themselves well. Nearly half-time now.

Half-Time and it's PSG 0-0 Troyes. It was amusing to see the PSG fans cheering Cavani taking hold of the ball in order to take the peno - and then having it saved. Troyes have defended well. Christophe Herelle has made some important blocks in defence. PSG are struggling to find a way through.

The games that kicked off earlier have all finished:
    Angers 1-2 Rennes
    Guingamp 0-0 Montpellier
    Lyon 1-2 Lille
    Metz 0-3 Marseille
    Nantes 1-0 Monaco
    Toulouse 1-2 Nice

Big shock for Lyon to lose at home to Lille considering the form of the sides. Marseille have now gone second in the league. Big result for Nice who were losing their game 1-0 going into the last ten minutes. There would have been big pressure on Favre if they lost again. Balotelli equalised with a penalty and Srarfi got a winner in injury time. I wonder might that turn around their season now or is it just a false dawn.

1-0. Neymar breaks the deadlock. Feck. Just over fifteen minutes left.

Update: 2-0 in the final moments. Cavani scores from a Neymar assist.

Full-Time and PSG win it 2-0. They weren't at their best but they did enough and were worthy of the win. Troyes made things difficult and were tough to break down but they lacked a threat up front to worry Trapp in goal.

PSG now ten points clear at the top ahead of Marseille. Next Ligue 1 game is on Friday with Dijon taking on Bordeaux.

I decided to give Dijon vs Bordeaux a miss to watch Napoli vs Juve but that looks a mistake in hindsight. It turned out to be a cracker.

Dijon won it 3-2 having been behind 2-1. The game also featured this effort from Malcom:

https://twitter.com/Teleco1910/status/936693130614771717

It's only a few days since he did this against Saint-Etienne:

https://twitter.com/butsligue1/status/935607364463595520

He's a hell of a talent. No disrespect to Bordeaux fans but he deserves to play for a better team.

• Advertisement

Strasbourg lead 1-0 against PSG, Nuno da Costa with the goal!

Strasbourg won it 2-1! PSG's first loss of the season!

What a day for their fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Well i guess time to sack Emery :pac:

There won’t be a European by-law passed in Strasbourg for the next week! :D

Ligue 1 results from Saturday:
    Strasbourg 2-1 PSG
    Lille 1-0 Toulouse
    Monaco 1-0 Angers
    Nice 3-1 Metz
    Rennes 2-0 Amiens
    Troyes 0-1 Guingamp

Big win for Lille over Toulouse. Lille's keeper Maignan saved a peno in the 91st minute. Nice are slowly getting over a dreadful spell as well although they would have been expecting to beat Metz.

Strasbourg's result was very welcome for Marseille who on Sunday can go second and 7 points behind PSG if they beat Montpellier away in the evening game.

Saint-Etienne and Nantes drew 1-1 in the early game. Caen vs Lyon is about to start on BT Sport 3. Teams:
    Caen XI: Vercoutre; Guilbert, Da Silva, Djiku, Mbengue; Sankoh; Kouakou, Feret, Ait Bennasser, Rodelin; Santini.

Lyon XI: Lopes; Tete, Marcelo, Diakhaby, Mar; Tousart, Aouar; Cornet, Fekir, Depay; Mariano Diaz.

Looking forward to this. I love the Lyon attack but Caen have been defensively solid the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

1-0 to Lyon. Cornet scores 9 minutes in. Scrappy goal.

Update: Great hit from Mariano Diaz for 2-0.

Update II: Wow! Fekir misses a sitter to make it 3-0 and Caen break with Santini scoring to make it 2-1! Four minutes of injury time left. Caen couldn't surely do a Benevento could they!

Full-Time: No fairytale comeback for Caen. Lyon just about deserved the win I'd say. Caen did have their moments. Rodelin struck the post in the second half and Nkololo wasn't far away with a shot in stoppage time. Diaz meanwhile should have got a second goal for Lyon and Fekir really should have scored late on. The last few minutes were exciting. The result means Lyon are temporarily second but Marseille can overtake them if they beat Montpellier tonight in the game starting at 8.

Teams for Montpellier vs Marseille:
    Montpellier XI: Lecomte; Aguilar, Hilton, Mukiele, Pedro Mendes, Roussillon; Sessegnon, Skhiri, Lasne; Sio, Mbenza.

Marseille XI: Mandanda; Sakai, Rami, Abdennour, Amavi; Luiz Gustavo, Anguissa; Thauvin, Sanson, Payet; Germain.

Update: Sio has given Montpellier the lead. His celebration needs a bit of work though...

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/937419348821540864

1-1 at Half Time. Thauvin equalises from the spot after a handball awarded against Hilton. It was very harsh as his arm was by his side.

Update: Dramatic moment in the final minutes as Montpellier appear to have scored a header from a set piece, only for the referee to consult the linesman and rule it out due to Hilton allegedly interfering with play. Another harsh call but more reasonable than the first half peno.

Boards has been acting screwy for me all evening. Never got to say that the game ended 1-1 and Marseille were fortunate to get out with a point. I felt Montpellier were unlucky not to take all 3 points. I don't think Marseille deserved their penalty and their players weren't at their best. Thauvin, despite scoring a penalty, was poor and Payet was anonymous.

The result leaves Lyon, Monaco and Marseille all on 32 points, nine behind PSG.

That was a good week. I would have snapped your hand off for 4 points from 6 from Monaco/St.Etienne. Yet still after watching both games, disappointed it's not the full 6.

Dominated Monaco - a 5-minute spell aside - from start to finish on Wednesday night and shouldn't have had to leave it until the last kick of the game to win. Still, it was a great moment, if the ceiling was any lower I'd have put my fist through it when Lucas Lima rifled home that winner.

St. Etienne yesterday, we shaded it. But the referee and his officials have made a disgraceful decision to disallow a goal for Sala early in the second half. He was clearly well behind the ball when it was crossed and nodded in from close range, yet they ruled it offside. St. Etienne were poor overall and extremely shaky at the back. We had Ngom up front for only his 2nd ever professional appearance and he missed an absolute sitter of a header from 6 yards with the very last touch of the game.

Onwards and upwards, tricky one at home to Nice on Sunday who are starting to turn things around a bit...

Bordeaux vs Strasbourg kicks off at 7.45. Teams:
    Bordeaux XI: Costil - Carrique, Toulalan, Jovanovic, Sabaly - Lerager, Otavio, Vada - Cafu, Mendy, De Preville.

Strasbourg XI: Oukidja - Lala, Kone, Mangane, Seka - Aholou, Grimm, Lienard - Da Costa, Bahoken, Terrier.

Shame there is no Malcom for Bordeaux who is out injured.

Update: 1-0 to Strasbourg! Bahoken.

• Advertisement

Oh what a beautiful free-kick from Lienard! 2-0 to Strasbourg!

https://twitter.com/Ganalyse/status/939229894910889984

Half-Time update: Strasbourg lead 2-0 at the break. A deserved lead. They've defended well, Lala particularly impressed me, and looked a threat on the counter. Bordeaux had a great chance to score through Mendy but he failed to connect to a cross. Overall they have disappointed. There will be big pressure on Gourvennec if they lose this game. He's already been given the dreaded vote of confidence by the board. It was an exciting half.

Terrrrrrrriiiiiiiieeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.

3-0 Bordeaux. Terrier just tore through them. Too easy.

https://twitter.com/butsligue1/status/939240449331617792

Strasbourg playing some lovely stuff. The home fans are booing their own players and have given the Oles to the Strasbourg players. Never seen that before.

Update: Groans from the Bordeaux fans as Strasbourg's Da Costa is thwarted from getting a shot away by one of their own players. This is amazing.

Now the home fans cheer as a pitch invader enters the fray. Boos as security take him away. Can't wait to hear the reaction at the final whistle. Fans have turned on their team completely.

Full-Time and Strasbourg win 3-0. The ref didn't even add on injury time. He blew at the 90 minute mark to put Bordeaux out of their misery. Huge jeers from the home fans who completely turned on their team by the end. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Gourvennec's last game in charge as the owner is meant to be there watching.

Great performance from Strasbourg who followed up beating PSG last week with an excellent showing. Bahoken worked his socks off up front and got a goal. Lienard, Terrier and Da Costa all caused problems too. Aholou was impressive in midfield. Mangane and Lala did well in defence. Oukidja made good saves when he was needed.

This result mean Strasbourg now jump from 16th to 11th, overtaking Bordeaux in the process. It was a good match with the last two goals being especially enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Don't know how many years I've waited to see that happen to a goalkeeper who went up for a corner. Finally seen it merci to Mbappé.

Why did the Lille player get booked after Mbappé's goal? Canal+ said something about a gesture but I didn't see anything.

PSG 3-1 Lille

I figured the yellow was for the intent of trying to hack down Mbappe as he was racing away.

Not a great performance from PSG. They did look to be comfortable at 2-0 but the late Lille goal made it an interesting final few minutes. Cavani was impressively unselfish in the build up to the second goal. I thought Kimpembe was very good in defence too.

I figured the yellow was for the intent of trying to hack down Mbappe as he was racing away.

Not a great performance from PSG. They did look to be comfortable at 2-0 but the late Lille goal made it an interesting final few minutes. Cavani was impressively unselfish in the build up to the second goal. I thought Kimpembe was very good in defence too.

I didn't think they were particularly good either and you're right on the other points.

All Saturday's results:
    PSG 3-1 Lille
    Angers 1-1 Montpellier
    Guingamp 4-0 Dijon
    Metz 1-1 Rennes
    Monaco 3-2 Troyes
    Toulouse 2-0 Caen

Big result for Monaco who were losing 2-0 thanks to two goals from Suk. Carrillo scored two himself in the last 5 minutes to turn it around. Rennes only getting a draw at Metz is a surprise considering the form of the teams. I was initially surprised to see Guingamp beat Dijon so heavily but it turns out Dijon played nearly 80 minutes with ten men. Toulouse got a badly needed win over Caen.

Tomorrow's games:
    Amiens vs Lyon
    Nantes vs Nice
    Marseille vs Saint-Etienne

I'd expect Lyon and Marseille to win. Nantes vs Nice looks a harder one to call with Nice coming off two straight wins. I reckon Nantes though might edge it.

Early blow for Lyon. Amiens have taken the lead inside ten minutes. Gakpe with a tap in after Marcelo and Morel fail to deal with a cross.

Update: Half-Time and Amiens lead 1-0. Lyon have a lot of work to do as a draw isn't much use. Depay looked to have scored from a free-kick that went all the way through but Tete was adjudged to have been offside. Lyon's passing has been poor. Aouar who I'm a fan of didn't have a good half and gave the ball away a lot. The conditions are poor which isn't helping. Fekir's been Lyon's best player. Amiens have defended well and are getting plenty forward on the break. Kakuta has done a lot of good things.

Update II: 1-1 now. Aouar equalises after a pass from Ndombele. Just over ten minutes to find a winner.

Update III: Peno to Amiens with minutes remaining! Kakuta to take. And he hits the post! He's had a very good game too.

I don't believe it. Lyon have won it at the death. Aouar puts away a cross to make it 2-1.

Hertbreaking for Amiens. Unbelievable finish. Lyon coach Genesio was sent off just before the goal.

Full-Time: Lyon win the match 2-1 which is remarkable as Amiens played so well. Kakuta had a penalty to make it 2-1 with minutes to spare but he hits the post and then Lyon in the last move of the game nick the win. So, so cruel on Amiens who defended very well. Kakuta was impressive. Aouar turned the game around and continues his great season. Today wasn't one of his best games as far as general play goes, a lot of his passes went astray, but he's won the match for Lyon nonetheless. Great finish to this match.

• Advertisement

All of Sunday's results:
    Amiens 1-2 Lyon
    Nantes 1-2 Nice
    Marseille 3-0 Saint-Etienne

After a dreadful few months Nice are putting together a good run of form. Nantes were leading 1-0 before the game turned, and Balotelli got the winner. Valere Germain got two goals for Marseille which will help his confidence. It seems Saint-Etienne played most of the second half with ten men.

PSG are now 9 pts clear of second placed Lyon. There's a tasty match next Sunday as Lyon take on Marseille in the evening game.

BT Sport are also showing Coupe de Ligue matches this week: Monaco vs Caen on Tuesday and Strasbourg vs PSG on Wednesday. Strasbourg beat PSG in this fixture in the league only a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

After a dreadful few months Nice are putting together a good run of form. Nantes were leading 1-0 before the game turned, and Balotelli got the winner.

Nice were good value for that win, Nantes started very well but Nice took over and deserved it in the end. The last 10 minutes against Toulouse have really turned things around for Nice. The manager surely would have been sacked if they lost that one!

What's your opinion on Saint-Maximin? He can be very frustrating at times but in full flow is good to watch. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Premier League in a few seasons, I think he could be a very good player when he matures. Could be one that is always likely to have you tearing your hair out though. :o

That was a frustrating watch yesterday alright, fell apart after a bright start and Nice were full value for the win. It took an absolutely incredible save from Benitez in the Nice goal to hold on to the lead at the end.

That was a run of 5 straight home wins ended for us. Angers at home should really be 3 points and then Amiens away is a tricky one before the break. PSG again then first game back. Have to get a bit of consistency going again, at this stage the top 4 have broken away so the task now is to be the best of the rest and hang in for a European spot. The mid table teams are so closely bunched with only 7 points between a potential European spot and relegation.

Johner wrote: »
    What's your opinion on Saint-Maximin? He can be very frustrating at times but in full flow is good to watch. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Premier League in a few seasons, I think he could be a very good player when he matures. Could be one that is always likely to have you tearing your hair out though. :o

Big fan of Saint-Maximin. I thought he was very exciting at Bastia last season and was one of the few good things about that club. I hoped he would get a chance at Monaco but Jardim decided to go with Rony Lopes over him and that's why he was sold to Nice. He struggled the first few months to establish himself but he has been very good the last few weeks and has played a big part in Nice's turnaround in form.

I agree with you that he needs to mature a bit. His decision making can be poor at times. He's still young though, only 20. I think if he can get a good run of games it will help him. He's got great potential and is capable of spectacular moments.

How is Balotelli doing this year?

Balotelli has been underrated this season. I remember he did very well against Monaco where he got two goals with Nice winning 4-0. Unfortunately Nice have been defensively woeful at times and have already lost more games this season they did the whole of last season. Even in the games when Nice were in rotten form Balotelli was doing quite well. I remember he tried hard in their 3-0 loss to PSG while working on very little service. The last few games he's got some important goals as Nice climbed up the table. I reckon it's the fact that Nice have been so bad at the back that he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

Balotelli has been underrated this season. I remember he did very well against Monaco where he got two goals with Nice winning 4-0. Unfortunately Nice have been defensively woeful at times and have already lost more games this season they did the whole of last season. Even in the games when Nice were in rotten form Balotelli was doing quite well. I remember he tried hard in their 3-0 loss to PSG while working on very little service. The last few games he's got some important goals as Nice climbed up the table. I reckon it's the fact that Nice have been so bad at the back that he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

He really seems to have settled down at Nice. Maybe being out of the limelight suits him. He's still young enough and certainly talented enough that a more mature Mario could still reach the heights again.

Coupe de Ligue results from tonight:
    Monaco 2-0 Caen
    Angers 1-0 Metz
    Toulouse 2-0 Bordeaux

Another disappointing result for Bordeaux. Falcao scored Monaco's second goal with this lovely effort:

https://twitter.com/Troll__Footbal/status/940702836324646912

Strasbourg vs PSG in the Coupe de Ligue about to start on BT Sport ESPN. Teams:
    Strasbourg XI: Oukidja; Lala, Kone, Salmier, Seka; Grimm, Nogueira, Aholou; Goncalves; Saadi, Bahoken.

PSG XI: Trapp; Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Meunier; Verratti, Lo Celso, Pastore; Di Maria, Cavani, Draxler.

Strasbourg won this fixture recently in the league which is probably why Emery has chosen quite a strong team.

Update: 1-0 PSG. Di Maria puts in a dangerous, awkward ball and Salmier turns it into his own net.

Update: 2-0 to PSG. Goalkeeping howler from Oukidja. Comes out to claim the ball and does so, but then lets it slip and Di Maria puts it in the net.

Update: 2-1 now! Grimm scores. Strasbourg back in this.

Update: 3-1 to PSG. The full-backs link up as Meunier provides an assist for Dani Alves. Less than half an hour remaining. Probably all over now.

Update: 4-1. That's it now. Draxler scores after a Meunier assist. Lo Celso did well in the build up.

Update: 4-2. Blayac grabs a consolation for Strasbourg with a nice strike.

Full-Time: PSG win 4-2. A deserved victory for Emery's side. Verratti and Lo Celso were very good in midfield and Di Maria and Meunier played well too.

Overall positive for Paris but the lack of clean sheets will be a concern. Don't think it's a coincidence that they've leaked goals in Motta's absence.

• Advertisement

Tonight's Coupe de Ligue results:
    Rennes 2-2 Marseille (Rennes win on pens)
    Amiens 2-1 Tours
    Lille 1-1 Nice (Nice win on pens)
    Montpellier 4-1 Lyon
    Strasbourg 2-4 PSG

They join Monaco, Angers and Toulouse in the last eight.

Good news for PSG's hopes of retaining the trophy as Lyon and Marseille go out. Monaco look the only strong challenger left. Balotelli came up with another big moment for Nice scoring the equaliser against Lille.

Advertisement