Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trophies /Achievements

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've have an X-Box 360 and I had an X-Box One, can't say something like that would bother me in the slightest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well might not bother you but that doesn't mean it shouldn't bother anything. It's pretty bad software design and a faux pas that is drilled into everyone that creates software. Especially nowadays. It was near bet into me in app design.

Hell of a lot better than on PS3 thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm not sure it is, I can think of one game that doesn't have them anyway. Though maybe the caveat is they have to plan on adding them at some point.
    Is it an early access game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Takes like 3 seconds for the trophies to load for me on PSN.
    I dunno what I'm missing here.
    Is the issue here those few seconds it takes while it says "syncing with PSN"? :confused:

2017 the year of the instant gratification :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    Is it an early access game?

Yeah it is actually, so they probably are coming at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

I enjoy getting the platinum trophy as it provides a bigger challenge than the game itself usually, especially with the low difficulty of games these days (with a few exceptions).

My hardest platinums would probably be Witcher 3 (Death March is a c*nt before you know what you're doing, and that headshot trophy was the bane of my existence) and MWR (Mile High Club + veteran = rage).

I would include Skyrim and the fallout games but they weren't difficult, just very time consuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Daledge wrote: »
    My hardest platinums would probably be Witcher 3 (Death March is a c*nt before you know what you're doing, and that headshot trophy was the bane of my existence) and MWR (Mile High Club + veteran = rage).

This is the type of thing that would put me off going for trophies - the whole rage-inducing bane of my existence thing. I'd play games to unwind and have a bit of fun. I enjoy playing challenging sections in games but when you're trying to get trophies for the likes of 15 headshots in 10 seconds and it takes an eternity to get it doesn't appeal to me and wouldn't be what I'd class as fun. Also, the missus has never swooned when I've told her I got a trophy so they don't seem to have any real world benefits for me.

I'd rather play through a story, get to the end of the game, see the credits and move on to another game. I'm not really one for putting 80-100 hours into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I only got a Achievement score of 55K..........................................

oops hit the k by mistake, ye have a score of 55.

Been a busy year or 2 with work so playstation is better but not compared to others.

Trying for Batman arkham knight now and will got back to get the few trophies I'm missing on Arkham Origins. Then it's Mass effect and Dragon age which I got before I made and followed a rule about not buying things when I didn't have time to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hardest Platinums I have were probably Batman Arkham Asylum & City. Those challenge rooms. One missed counter and no top score. Plus some of the stealth ones were tricky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SeantheMan wrote: »
    This should definitely NOT be the case.

Why? If you've no interest in them then carry on as normal.

• Advertisement

The other thing about achievements is you can pin the list of ones you are actively working on and if implemented by developers they can be tracked as in the case of say kill 100 of X or collect 10 of Y it will give you a % completed in the tracker. Wish PS would do that.

• This is the type of thing that would put me off going for trophies - the whole rage-inducing bane of my existence thing. I'd play games to unwind and have a bit of fun. I enjoy playing challenging sections in games but when you're trying to get trophies for the likes of 15 headshots in 10 seconds and it takes an eternity to get it doesn't appeal to me and wouldn't be what I'd class as fun. Also, the missus has never swooned when I've told her I got a trophy so they don't seem to have any real world benefits for me.

I'd rather play through a story, get to the end of the game, see the credits and move on to another game. I'm not really one for putting 80-100 hours into a game.

Very much me now too. Back log too big. Like to get just get through it in quick succession. And move into the next. No time for filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Very much me now too. Back log too big. Like to get just get through it in quick succession. And move into the next. No time for filler.

yup,

once you start to filter out the pointless sidequests / collect-a-thon type things in games, its immensely more enjoyable. Generally I'll only look at the list once Ive beaten a game, and if I was very close to unlocking one or two, i MIGHT consider grinding them out, but otherwise I just uninstall and move on.

There is a satisfaction though from getting a genuine surprise one in a multiplayer game, had one pop in Rainbow 6 seige recently for something or other and it was kinda nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

yup,

once you start to filter out the pointless sidequests / collect-a-thon type things in games, its immensely more enjoyable. Generally I'll only look at the list once Ive beaten a game, and if I was very close to unlocking one or two, i MIGHT consider grinding them out, but otherwise I just uninstall and move on.

There is a satisfaction though from getting a genuine surprise one in a multiplayer game, had one pop in Rainbow 6 seige recently for something or other and it was kinda nice.

Yeah, that is the best thing about them. When it pops and you have that "I did that or what did I just do" moment

Advertisement