Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexist bullying, commenting on my looks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I think I'd "reply to all" with someting short and sweet.

"was this meant for me?".

I would then wait to see if anyone has the decency to approach you and apologise. HR is always an option. But I think I'd give them a chance to redeem themselves first. It's crappy that this happened, but it does happen. And just because they think the new girl is "hot" and you not so much, doesn't mean that your working relationship with them has to change.

There's always going to be someone "hot"! Most of us aren't "hot"! Most of us are average at best, but when put up beside someone "hot" we can feel far inferior. How you, or she looks, is irrelevant to how well you do your work.

The men were idiots. But then again, people are. I'm sure a lot of it is bravado of the group. And things said would never be said by any of the men in isolation. They were just being idiots and having 'a bit of banter' between themselves.

Give them a chance to see if amends are made, if not, bring it further if you want.

Yeah. Or reply saying "should I send this to HR?".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Why do people keep bringing up feminism? Feminism has nothing to do with this!

OP, the best thing to do would be would be to hit "reply all" with a short simple "this is inappropriate". Keep a copy of the email but go no further unless it happens again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Closed due to OP being banned as a rereg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement