Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 that doesn't fully deactivate

Options
  • 30-07-2017 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

When we moved into our house it already had the above alarm fitted.  We have had an extension built with a PIR sensor in.  When we enter the house and deactivate the alarm, this works for the house but not in the extension.  We have to then walk in front of the extension's PIR and when the internal alarm goes off, deactivate it again.  This happens everytime.  The electrician that did the electrical work and fitted the PIR hasn't got a clue how to rectify this.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I have little electrical knowledge other than fitting a plug, so you might need to bare with me.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Likely the zone was configured as a tamper or something similar rather than a normal alarm zone. What comes up on the display panel when it activates?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does this literally happen every time you walk in front of that PiR?
    As said above post up what displays after the PiR activates the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 c.moulds

Yes tamper is on the screen, once we have double deactivated it is fine, until we set or partguard the alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its either programmed wrong or the electrician wired it wrong.
    Incidentally, is he a PSA licenced installer?
    Have you engineer access to the system?
    Can you open the PiR & post up a Pic of the wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 c.moulds

I am in England, and have only found info on Aritech in Ireland.  Not sure if he is a PSA licenced installer, he was the electrician that the builders used.  Having opened the main box as the battery is low, I did note that the 6 connectors for zones 2 have a wire attaching them to one another, if that means anything? I could take a photo of the inside of the box but don't know how to attach it on here

• Advertisement

I,m more interested in seeing how the inside of the PiR is wired. I have a feeling he has the tamper wired into the zone of the PiR.
    Do you have the engineer code for the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

c.moulds wrote: »
    I am in England, and have only found info on Aritech in Ireland.  Not sure if he is a PSA licenced installer, he was the electrician that the builders used.  Having opened the main box as the battery is low, I did note that the 6 connectors for zones 2 have a wire attaching them to one another, if that means anything? I could take a photo of the inside of the box but don't know how to attach it on here

You dont have enough posts to attach it either.
    Can you tell us what zone connections are used in panel that refers to this PIR plus the connections in the PIR.
    Its sounds like connections for zone 2 are wired in series, do you know whats on this zone?

c.moulds wrote: »

if you upload it to an external site then post the link here.
    If you put spaces in the link it will let you post it & we can get a look at the image by editing the link in our own browser.
    eg for this page post

http: //www .boards. ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=104233690

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Is the panel installed in England? PSA only applies to Ireland.

Advertisement