Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for roommates for a 2-bed, 2-bed modern refurbished apartment in Dublin 2

Options
  • 30-07-2017 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone,

So yeah, myself and my girlfriend are looking for 2 roommates (ideally a couple) to fill the other double room in a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment in Dublin 2 around Erne Street.

It's €2850/month before utilities (estd €100-€150 per month), so that's €1425 for an individual or €712.50 per person for a couple sharing. (We asked, we'd be allowed to bring in our own single beds but unfortunately the company renting the place wouldn't replace the double with two singles.)

I'm happy to email pictures and a walkthrough video I took of the place to anyone who wishes :) I promise that the decor manages to justify the price!

Also for info, my girlfriend is a final year dentistry student and I'm a recent graduate working full time in business development. Hope that helps and if you've any interest or questions just reply to this post! Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

2850 for 2Bdr apartment?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    wow

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

"Ideally a couple"
    Ha ha, how many strangers would be interested in sharing a double bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sixtoes wrote: »
    "Ideally a couple"
    Ha ha, how many strangers would be interested in sharing a double bed!

You be surprised, but not at 1450 per month. Happens at the cheaper end, very few cultures are as bashful as the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Any couple who can afford this would be happy to live by themselves. I can get this for my two bed in d15 (ok not city centre but in train line to docklands) and I'd still make on my mortgage.

Decor may be nice but doesn't add if sharing with another couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

amtc wrote: »
    Any couple who can afford this would be happy to live by themselves. I can get this for my two bed in d15 (ok not city centre but in train line to docklands) and I'd still make on my mortgage.

Decor may be nice but doesn't add if sharing with another couple!
    correct, 1450 for sharing apartment it's one of the most expensive ads that i saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Also for info, my girlfriend is a final year dentistry student and I'm a recent graduate
    How on earth can you both afford that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

725 per person isn't awful. But theres a 3 bed house in Ringsend going for 2400 and you have your own room.

725 per person isn't awful. But theres a 3 bed house in Ringsend going for 2400 and you have your own room.
    It is for most final year students and/or recent graduates!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

How do people support a pack a day smoking habit? You prioritise what important to you and budget accordingly.

How do people support a pack a day smoking habit? You prioritise what important to you and budget accordingly.
    That's the point though. Most people in the Op's position(s) do not have budget constraints that can support such rent, hence my surprise. A lot of students would have to borrow to significantly to afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

That's the point though. Most people in the Op's position(s) do not have budget constraints that can support such rent, hence my surprise. A lot of students would have to borrow to significantly to afford it.
    It would be more likely that people in the o/p's position have budget constraints!

It would be more likely that people in the o/p's position have budget constraints!
    Much bigger ones than most people in similar work positions!

Advertisement