Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec alarm stuck in enginerring mode

• 30-07-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I have an astec house alarm and i tried to change the user code but did something wrong and i think the alarm is stuck in engineering mode as it just shows 00 ENGINEER in the top right corner of the panel and i can no longer turn the alarm on.

The fault light is not on and the panel does not show any faults.

How do i get back to the default screen where i can set my alarm.

Please help
    Mark

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Press clear 11 first to see what the fault is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mark Timmons

Hi

I pressed clear and 11 and it shows

Zone - (black line type symbol)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's good.
    Press clear 99 & it should return to user mode.

Thanks KoolKid, working again.

Much appreciated
    Mark

No problem. Has the fault light gone off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I have an astec house alarm and i tried to change the user code but did something wrong and i think the alarm is stuck in engineering mode as it just shows 00 ENGINEER in the top right corner of the panel and i can no longer turn the alarm on.

The fault light is not on and the panel does not show any faults.

How do i get back to the default screen where i can set my alarm.

Please help
    Mark

Sounds like the engineer code is left at default.
    Next time you are in engineer mode this can be changed to something else using command 92.

Thats a good point. @Mark can you remember how you entered Engineer mode or do you already have the Engineer Code.?

More than likely at default.

To be honest, i cannot remember how i got in to engineer mode.

We do have a 4 digit code that we were given a few years back when the alarm started to play up (battery issue) that we had to enter to stop the alarm from going off for no reason and I think I may have entered this code and not my alarm code when trying to change the alarm code.

Mark

That sounds right.
    That would be the engineer code . Was it 1174 or something different.
    Worth making a note of for future reference.

• Advertisement

To be honest, i cannot remember how i got in to engineer mode.

We do have a 4 digit code that we were given a few years back when the alarm started to play up (battery issue) that we had to enter to stop the alarm from going off for no reason and I think I may have entered this code and not my alarm code when trying to change the alarm code.

Mark

If he gave you another code to put in then that is the engineer code.
    Handy to have for any issues.

Advertisement