Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update: Rush Main Street Building to commence

Options
  • 30-07-2017 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Any one know any more. Is it the fabled Aldi

Update: Rush Main Street

My colleague Cllr Brian Dennehy and I have received a mail from Ann Marie Farrelly, Director of Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department in Fingal County Council, regarding the commencement of works for a commercial development on Main Street, Rush.
    It states;
    "the commercial development at Main Street Rush (12A/0225) may commence shortly and that finance has been secured. There is one pre commencement compliance condition (no.2) regarding the Main Street access to the site yet to be submitted."
    This development will bring much needed life to the harbor end of Main Street. Both Cllr Dennehy and I are very pleased that it appears works will commence shortly. This development will provide additional shops and parking for Rush and will breathe new life into the Harbour end of Main Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Great news badly needed.
    We will be back giving out about the traffic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

markad1 wrote: »
    Great news badly needed.
    We will be back giving out about the traffic :rolleyes:

Vested intrests more than likely. The town really needs something done about the derelict buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great news. Despite the current paint job the part of the street around the bus stop going to Dublin is just an eye sore.

Hopefully this will be the start of something good for the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Surely, with the planning approved, except for the traffic measures, they could start demo on the old houses? Better to be able to looking across the South Beach and Portrane than at a derelict building.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Surely, with the planning approved, except for the traffic measures, they could start demo on the old houses? Better to be able to looking across the South Beach and Portrane than at a derelict building.
    If they commenced demolition, they would have to have hoarding erected so you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If they commenced demolition, they would have to have hoarding erected so you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

Hoarding would still look better than the houses that are falling apart. It would also speed up the building on the site by having it cleared already once they are good to go.

I heard from a very interested party that this work should commence in next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Is Aldi going to be opening ?

baktag wrote: »

I didnt hear who was going into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

LeoB wrote: »
    I heard from a very interested party that this work should commence in next few weeks
    baktag wrote: »
    LeoB wrote: »
    I didnt hear who was going into it.

A certain family in Rush rejected planning permission on frivolous grounds because it would affect their own business too much, that's why it's been delayed so much.

I won't believe a thing until the first sod is turned.

With Skerries road blocked and Rush annexed like Crimea, I can't see the works commencing any time soon.

I'd rather live in East Berlin to be honest.

• Advertisement

A certain family in Rush rejected planning permission on frivolous grounds because it would affect their own business too much, that's why it's been delayed so much.

Thats our planning for you. Look at the mess in Athenry with objections! We have a community council who should be involved annd pushing for this development, IF they represent all the people. I suppose it is up to locals to get involved in this process by either lobbying for this to go ahead or join community council at next A.G.M. Also by putting pressure on Fingal CC to clean up the site and impose fines where possible on the owners who dont keep their sites "clean"
    I won't believe a thing until the first sod is turned.

With Skerries road blocked and Rush annexed like Crimea, I can't see the works commencing any time soon.

Im inclined to see it like you. No reason not believe the man who told me it would start pretty soon.
    I'd rather live in East Berlin to be honest.

Ryanair doing one way tickets for €11.99 inc taxes this morning:rolleyes:.

Advertisement