Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping 16amp blue socket to 13amp domesric use.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Length, yes.

Cable size? I see that the 1st one is 3 x 1.5mm sq. cable, but don't see the cable size for the second one.

Strength? They look the same to me.

It also appears to me that the second once provides two 13A sockets, not four.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Don't know how it is on other camping sites in the Eu but I know that the first(short one) on most of the camping sites in the Netherlands are not allowed
    Getting wet by rain
    Gable must be go from blue camping socket straight into socket caravan / camper or into tent
    Cable of 10 meters is over there normally long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

Cheers. Wanted to mow. Can I take the 13amp socket off at the 16amp plug end and replace it with a longer lead with 4 plug sockets the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Bear in mind that the 13amp 4-way socket is still only rated 13amps max in total and you should not exceed that, even if the CEE blue socket will supply up to 16amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

flaneur wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the 13amp 4-way socket is still only rated 13amps max in total and you should not exceed that, even if the CEE blue socket will supply up to 16amps.

Use a 20 amps 4-way socket done that myself in a similar situation for a "camping extension lead"

• Advertisement
Advertisement