Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for a nice dessert?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Ok am I the only one having an issue with desserts in restaurants. Going out for a meal is a treat & to me the dessert is as important as a good starter or main.
    Everywhere you go its cheesecake, apple tart, choc fudge cake, brownie or icecream for desserts. No imagination, restaurants just buy these frozen from the cash & carry & stick on menu. Anybody know of any Waterford restaurants doing something different for desserts. I know this is not just a Waterford thing either, it's seems to be the same everywhere you go unless you can afford Michelin star eating !!! I think restaurants are losing out on money as more and more people forego desserts because of the sameness of it all. So where to go for a nice dessert in Waterford city / county???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Ok am I the only one having an issue with desserts in restaurants. Going out for a meal is a treat & to me the dessert is as important as a good starter or main.
    Everywhere you go its cheesecake, apple tart, choc fudge cake, brownie or icecream for desserts. No imagination, restaurants just buy these frozen from the cash & carry & stick on menu. Anybody know of any Waterford restaurants doing something different for desserts. I know this is not just a Waterford thing either, it's seems to be the same everywhere you go unless you can afford Michelin star eating !!! I think restaurants are losing out on money as more and more people forego desserts because of the sameness of it all. So where to go for a nice dessert in Waterford city / county???

L'atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Bodega!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Quite right too! I've stopped ordering them and get an Irish Coffee instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I agree with you, dessert is usually my favourite course but most places tend to offer the same bought in desserts.

Have a look at the photos of The Bay Tree Bistro on facebook, very creative dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I love the desserts in Bodega

• Advertisement

More of a cafe but desserts in Waterford Crystal cafe and park cafe are brilliant.same desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭turninggreen

Couple of years since eating at Bodega, must revisit & try the desserts & yes I have had some nice desserts in cafes, can't see why restaurants can't up their game. Anyway that's my rant over !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Couple of years since eating at Bodega, must revisit & try the desserts & yes I have had some nice desserts in cafes, can't see why restaurants can't up their game. Anyway that's my rant over !!

Oh I'd definitely recommend going back to bodega if you haven't been in years, they've made many changes to their menus and it's my favourite restaurant in Waterford. Love the food, staff and general feel of the restaurant.

Probably because its a speciality...pastry chef, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

You cannot beat loco on the dunmore road for it's food and deserts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

You cannot beat loco on the dunmore road for it's food and deserts

I was there Monday night, dessert was very underwhelming though main course was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Not a restaurant but the park cafe has an amazing selection of cakes.

Advertisement