Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any letting agencies that provide in short term lets?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I`m in desperate need of a room for just one month for the month of August while doing some work in Dublin.

Air B and B as well as any corporate lets run into the thousands for a one month stay and I need cooking facilities therefore won`t stay in a b and B.

Does anyone know of any companies or letting agencies that could provide a studio or one bedroom apartment for just one month? Budget would be maximum 750 euros.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

subscriber wrote: »

I`m in desperate need of a room for just one month for the month of August while doing some work in Dublin.

Air B and B as well as any corporate lets run into the thousands for a one month stay and I need cooking facilities therefore won`t stay in a b and B.

Does anyone know of any companies or letting agencies that could provide a studio or one bedroom apartment for just one month? Budget would be maximum 750 euros.

Thanks.

You'll pay a high price for short term. In line with what you see on Airbnb.
    Other option is hostel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You're going to struggle to be honest, finding a long-term let to fit your budget would be near impossible never mind a short-term let.

It might be worth checking the universities, I vaguely recall some of them used to let out rooms in their halls of residence over the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You're looking at rent a room territory. I'd suggest to the LL you'd pay security and one months rent and be willing to show the room during the last week or so of your stay. Even at that I'm afraid it's going to be tough finding something. A hostel and getting familiar with the cheaper eateries would be my suggestion also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Possibly student accommodation at the likes of UCD/Trinity/DCU?
    You'd have access to cooking facilities, wifi etc- but it is quite spartan.
    Also- its not cheap..........

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

You will mostly only find rooms to rent for short term stays. I have sent you a DM with details of an agency I use to get short term lets into my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Thanks everyone,

I`ve gotten very very lucky this morning to have found lodging accommodation in East Wall with full access to cooking and washing facilities for 550 including bills for the month of August.

2nd time in three years I`ve had to come to Dublin short term for work. Short term accommodation is an absolute nightmare to find but thanks for yere help.

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For what it's worth I think I have seen apartments in the Beacon in Sandyford advertised for short term lets in recent times.

Advertisement