Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do I Need To Have To Get Commercial Tax From DLRCOCO?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a jeep. I'm not loaded by any means so will be looking for commercial tax on it. The majority of the driving would be for work (farmers son). I'm wondering what hoops do I have to jump through to get it? I hear some councils can be different, some easy some difficult. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Isn't it down to the windows & seats configuration and what rate (private or commercial) of VRT was paid? I don't think DLR co co will have any say in the matter, the original VRT stuff is done by Revenue and the tax disc stuff is controlled by the crowd in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

coylemj wrote: »
    Isn't it down to the windows & seats configuration and what rate (private or commercial) of VRT was paid? I don't think DLR co co will have any say in the matter, the original VRT stuff is done by Revenue and the tax disc stuff is controlled by the crowd in Shannon.

I think the OP has it in mind to buy a commercial jeep (eg with no back seats etc)...the local authorities are under orders to ensure that anybody seeking to tax a vehicle for commercial use is using it for genuine commercial uses. Some are more picky about this than others...

If the OP is genuinely working for his father, (and isn't living in South Dublin while the family farm is in Donegal) then a letter from his father may do the trick. I'm aware that some local authorities provide a checklist for those wishing to tax a vehicle for commercial use...not sure about DLRCoCo but sure have a look anyhow..

As far as I recall, commercial insurance is quite restrictive in terms of driving other vehicles...so perhaps take that into consideration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DLRCoCo arent a motor tax authority, Dublin City Council handles it for the 4 Dublin counties, hence only the 'D' reg everywhere.

Dublin City Council website will give you the contact details

Advertisement