Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from BOI to AIB

• 30-07-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭

Anyone done this move I am thinking of moving from BOI to AIB. But looking for any feedback about what AIB are like. I currently have a graduate account with BOI but that will be coming to an end soon and I will start paying fees soon. I have been with them since I started banking as a teenager probably 10 years ago at this stage. I have a current account, regular monthly saver, credit card and demand deposit account so would be looking to move all them over to AIB.

Some of my reasons for moving are AIB have apple pay BOI don't, free banking in AIB if you maintain a balance of over 2,500 in your Current account can't do this in BOI, My local BOI branch are fairly useless, AIB app is supposed to be better than BOI.

Is it a lot of hassle to move banks as its not something Ive done before ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I don't have first hand experience with AIB, but you are right in thinking of leaving BOI (at least when it comes to day to day banking).

They tend to charge more and always be behind other banks in terms of new services.

I closed my account a few months ago and I am now wondering why I put up with is for so long. For the ones I have tried PTSB and KBC both have much better online/mobile banking than BOI (especially KBC, and they also support Apple Pay).

Moving was not a hassle for me. I kept multiple accounts for a while to be sure I was happy with the new option before getting rid of the old one and transitioned DD mandates and salary payment gradually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Thanks for the reply Bob24. I completely agree BOI are just falling more and more behind the rest. It's the inconvience of moving that puts a lot of people off and probably a case of the devil you know... and all that. Reckon I will do the same open AIB A/C and gradually move everything over and hike keeping my BOI a/c for a few months.

Advertisement