Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding Maternity Benefot Form

Options
  • 30-07-2017 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi there, just wondering if anyone here can help me out. I'm in the middle of completing the MB1 form.

Part 6 is details of your children and whether you wish to claim for them and what this means. I have 2 young children... Do I need to fill this part out? What exactly are you claiming for?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering if anyone here can help me out. I'm in the middle of completing the MB1 form.

Part 6 is details of your children and whether you wish to claim for them and what this means. I have 2 young children... Do I need to fill this part out? What exactly are you claiming for?

Many thanks.
    You're only claiming for a top up on your maternity benefit, if your household income is low enough that you would get it.
    I think I just filled it in, but knew it was unnecessary. If you know you won't get it, you can probably leave it blank

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

jlm29 wrote: »
    You're only claiming for a top up on your maternity benefit, if your household income is low enough that you would get it.
    I think I just filled it in, but knew it was unnecessary. If you know you won't get it, you can probably leave it blank

Thanks for that. My husband is on an OK salary but I work won't be topping up my maternity benefit. I spose there's no point me filling it in if
    Husband is over the 50k mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Thanks for that. My husband is on an OK salary but I work won't be topping up my maternity benefit. I spose there's no point me filling it in if
    Husband is over the 50k mark?

I doubt it, but I honestly have no idea what the limits are.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

jlm29 wrote: »
    I doubt it, but I honestly have no idea what the limits are.

Thanks very much for that. Much appreciated!

Advertisement