Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potatoes growing

Options
  • 30-07-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

when is the best time to growing potatoes?
    i be doing them outside
    thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nell B

The best time is to start in early spring though it does depend on what you want to grow. Earlies, second earlies or maincrop (lots of second earlies can be left in the ground as main crop too). I tried a lazy bed this year and it was very successful - I was using it to start a new raised bed.

There are lots of demos on line but this post has a pretty good description about half way down the page: http://www.rte.ie/tv/howtocreateagarden/kittys_eps2.html.

I tried the Christmas ones outdoors / planting in autumn - a few years ago and just about got the christmas dinner from them - not worth the investment of time and money I think though might be worth a go in a barrell indoors just for the fun of having your own.

Advertisement