Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I lose the BTE?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

So I got on the Back to Education programme, now the first semester went fine, but the second semester was a disaster, I had a difficult breakup, I had a medical issue I was dealing with, and basically I need to repeat a semester, does anyone know how this affect the Back to Education? They said they need confirmation I completed first year, but I do not have that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Go in and talk to the BTEA person in Dept of Soc Protection. Bring whatever paperwork you have from the college and whatever documentation, doctors certs etc., you have in respect of your medical issue.

7.6 Repeat years

BTEA should only be approved for payment to undertake a repeat year of study. Payment should only be approved in limited circumstances , where the participant is registered and attends a full-time student for the repeat year. Only one academic year may be repeated. BTEA should not be approved for repear students registered as external students and/or examination only students. Neither should approval be given for repeat students to undertake a repeat year of study on a part-time basis.

*Mitigating circumstances can include a long-term illness or injury requiring prolonged absence from attendance at lectures, the serious illness of an immediate family member requiring the participant undertaking a caring responsibility, discontinuance of the course by the educational institution, force majeure
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx#7.6

Advertisement