Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a mass card signed

Options
  • 30-07-2017 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the city I can get a mass card signed by a priest? I have never done this before so I don't know how. I have a card that I bought in newsagents. It has been signed by a number of people but I just need to get a priest to sign it. I don't mind paying and hopefully it is sometime in the evening I can get it signed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

St. Augustine's in Washington St. or St. Francis in Liberty St. both have offices with someone signing on behalf of a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

lukin wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the city I can get a mass card signed by a priest? I have never done this before so I don't know how. I have a card that I bought in newsagents. It has been signed by a number of people but I just need to get a priest to sign it. I don't mind paying and hopefully it is sometime in the evening I can get it signed.
    A signature isn't going to help anyone, don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Sixtoes wrote: »
    A signature isn't going to help anyone, don't worry about it.

While I do agree with you, OP didn't ask for your opinion and I think it's pretty ignorant to jump in with a statement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Are those Mass cards you purchase in newsagents not already pre signed by a priest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

When you say it's signed already, who signed it? Some of the ones you buy in newsagents are already signed by a priest and a mass will be said for the person intended. You can buy mass cards in the places mentioned by other posters and they will take a note of the name of the person you want to have a mass said for. Holy Trinity church or the SMA church in Blackrock or community centre in Wilton also do this. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

happyday wrote: »
    When you say it's signed already, who signed it?
    It's signed by a number of people who are part of a group that the person I am giving it to was part of. We meet every week and I bought a Mass card and got them all to sign it the night of the meeting last week. This person's mother died. I am not actually religious myself but the person I got the card for is.
    happyday wrote: »
    Some of the ones you buy in newsagents are already signed by a priest and a mass will be said for the person intended. You can buy mass cards in the places mentioned by other posters and they will take a note of the name of the person you want to have a mass said for. Holy Trinity church or the SMA church in Blackrock or community centre in Wilton also do this. Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    I actually didn't see these replies until today so I left the card at home and got my mother to get it signed by the local priest (she lives outside the city).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

As above, St Augustine's has an office that will take care of this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Apt8 wrote: »
    While I do agree with you, OP didn't ask for your opinion and I think it's pretty ignorant to jump in with a statement like that.

Forgive me father.

Advertisement