Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prudential Ride London-Surrey Classic - 30th July 2017 **warning: unmasked spoilers**

Options
  • 30-07-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

Live on BBC1 now.

Less than 8 km to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

193km in, 7 to go, and only just thought about checking the cycling forum my self.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Stuyven (Trek) & Trentin (Quick-Step) have 16" on the peloton.

AFAIK Sam is in the main bunch.

Stuyven (Trek) & Trentin (Quick-Step) have 16" on the peloton.

AFAIK Sam is in the main bunch.

Lead is being well chipped away now. Was three in the breakaway with about 12/15km to go.

Sam is there but not with numbers he'd normally have to be launched by the look of it.

Kristoff wins.

First sprinter to launch was Sam. Way too early though. Finished 8th.

• Advertisement

Great to see the Aquablue riders being the lead train with about a KM. Makes me wonder though why the An Post team are not, or have not reached higher ranks.

Cav (who's doing BBC punditry) said there was a strong headwind so that hampered Sam's chances when he launched his sprint.

I only watched the last 10km but it sounds like the Katusha team did most of the work to bring back the breakaway, so it's a deserving result for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone watch the womens race yesterday, absolute cracker, weather was awful but a great race to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is this actually a classic or they just made up the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Makes me wonder though why the An Post team are not, or have not reached higher ranks.
    Isn't An Post a development team?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Made up, only around since just after the 2012 Olympics AFAIK

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone watch the womens race yesterday, absolute cracker, weather was awful but a great race to watch.

Sure was, though I'd have preferred they raced a road race and not a criterium. Though I think they covered that during their tour a few weeks back. Still great to see Lydia on the front at one point and get multiple mentions during the race and showing off the Nationals jersey!!!!

The finish from the sunweb rider was fantastic.

EDIT: Think they had something like 28k in the sportive

Was first ran around the 2012 Olympics, as both a Pro Race and Sportive. This year is the first time its part of the World Tour, but still open as a Sportive as well, with the Sportive Riders picked up by the Broom Wagon or for this year, channeled to the side of the course before the pros come through.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Isn't An Post a development team?

Not sure, as have heard of An Post team for many years, only heard of Aqua Blue this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

See pozzato got droped by the bunch so decided to take a leisurely spin back to the hotel and was riding back with some kid he met by the side of the road

neris wrote: »
    See pozzato got droped by the bunch so decided to take a leisurely spin back to the hotel and was riding back with some kid he met by the side of the road

https://twitter.com/cyclingbetting/status/891707947889430528

Advertisement