Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in the northside that'll serve women

Options
  • 30-07-2017 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for a masculine cut from a barber's here due to cheaper prices and less faffing but have already been turned away once and am somewhat pissed off about it. Any barbers around that'll serve a woman without much hassle? i've short hair already obviously so they wouldn't be cutting long hair or anything. Much thanks.

close to the city would be best but anything appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bert the Barber in Skerries will cut anyone's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Bert the Barber in Skerries will cut anyone's hair.

True. Friend of mine needed a shorter style for a walking holiday on the continent and went to Bert.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I've seen women getting their hair cut in two Grafton Barbers before (Sutton and Drury St). As they're a chain I'd imagine the others will also be welcoming. As I said there's one in Sutton, others in Malahide, Drumcondra and a few on the northside of the city centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

caora33 wrote: »
    Looking for a masculine cut from a barber's here due to cheaper prices and less faffing but have already been turned away once and am somewhat pissed off about it. Any barbers around that'll serve a woman without much hassle? i've short hair already obviously so they wouldn't be cutting long hair or anything. Much thanks.

close to the city would be best but anything appreciated

Why would they turn you down :confused:

money is money

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Why would they turn you down :confused:

money is money

It's a tricky one. Generally speaking, it takes a lot longer to cut and style a woman's hair than a man's and that's why the prices differ. If a woman is having a man's cut exactly then there's no issue, but problems can arise if a woman says she wants a man's cut "but can you just do this and this and oh, this too?". That can throw the whole day out of whack for a barber and lose them business because men like to go in, not have to wait long, then get their hair done quickly and leave.

Also, some old-fashioned barber shops may still see themselves as a woman-free zone, and older men can feel very uncomfortable having their hair cut in front of women.

• Advertisement
Advertisement