Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule Breakages

Options

Comments

Uriel. wrote: »
    so emotional... it must be cause little strawberry.... :p:D

The hormones!

Did you eat my gherkin and marmalade sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

The hormones!

Did you eat my gherkin and marmalade sandwich?

that sounds kinda nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Strawbs for prez!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pter wrote: »
    Strawbs for prez!

Strawbs for Queen
    Mini Strawbs for Prince(ss)

89864_standard.png?itok=LJ-j5DTJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sullivlo wrote: »
    I think it falls under "don't be a dick" rule. Similarly in a previous game I noticed (as a boards mod) that some game posts had been deleted. The posts were about me and painting me as a wolf (which I was), but I felt that the spirit of the game should have been maintained so I sent a message to the mods for them to make the call out of fairness.

I think, IMO, if a player notices a discrepancy in the rules or potential game breaking activity that they should tell the mods and let them make the call. For example, had I picked up on the human thing I would have PM'd the mods to see if it was okay to discuss on thread, rather than skirt around the issue and try to bend the rules.

I pled the mods on other issues they didn't answer and I used read receipts so I saw when the read them
    My biggest issue with seeing the human posts was that it changed how I was reading the game completely and I couldn't take it back so I outed it on thread
    So the wolves wouldn't be at a massive disadvantage.
    People started running around saying things and straightaway I was getting role reveals left right and centre
    I never thought it would lead to the game ending

Anyway I said it in the other place I'll be strictly invite only from now on if you run a game and you want me in then send me a pm
    If you don't then don't
    simples

Sorry to the mods for how it turned out I thought that I was being honest in pointing out stuff
    Turns out I rolled a snowball down a hill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ewan WW wrote: »
    The rules clearly stated that missing a vote was punishable by losing your next vote. No other sanction was mentioned so why it's being made a big deal of I don't know.
    Derry contributed massively to the game and if he are gonna point out issues why not point out those that sign up and don't bother to even play.
    The doll was badly conceived and the idea that a game mechanic cannot be discussed or that people cannot role claim is illogical and unworkable I said as much in a discussion thread before.

Adding pointless flavour was the least of this games issues, as myself andy and forty all pointed out in the role reveal thread you cannot create a special class for nrv's they need to be nrv's so that cannot be individually identified. But the most damaging thing for the game was the lack of vote reveals, the mods them selves are saying that derry's lack of a first vote might have been tatical but if so how because there was no vote reveal and therefore no way of knowing who he did or did not vote for. The whole point of werewolf is that the nrv's are annonomous and that the wolves must vote with discretion to avoid later repercussions.

Despite you clearly thinking so, you're not always right Tigger. Derry showed up and played as much as he wanted, which is what he signed up to do. I'm grateful he stuck with it after feeling hard done by.

Role claiming wasn't banned. I've explained why the troll rule was phrased the way it was.

There was no special NRV class. I've said already that Human Beings were supposed to be mentioned in the OP, and were left out on a mistake. Its even in the first post in this thread, which is the second time I said it.

And the votes were coming. I didn't want to hide the votes at all, but all lynch votes would have been posted once Jeff lost his power.

You can assume all you want about the rules and the mistakes we have made, but most of what we did had good reason and game design. Not flavour, but design around it.

You may not agree with how we designed the game, and that's fine, design your own one differently but its very rich to wreck a game, and not for the first time either, and then saunter in here and try to tell us we don't know what we're doing.

You don't seem to give a **** at the end of the day, even after I asked people to stop posting, you had to come back to actually threaten a player. Knowing how you've reacted to people in the past, it didn't look like a joke to me. Just a complete disregard for other people to do what you like.

Despite you clearly thinking so, you're not always right Tigger. Derry showed up and played as much as he wanted, which is what he signed up to do. I'm grateful he stuck with it after feeling hard done by.

Role claiming wasn't banned. I've explained why the troll rule was phrased the way it was.

There was no special NRV class. I've said already that Human Beings were supposed to be mentioned in the OP, and were left out on a mistake. Its even in the first post in this thread, which is the second time I said it.

And the votes were coming. I didn't want to hide the votes at all, but all lynch votes would have been posted once Jeff lost his power.

You can assume all you want about the rules and the mistakes we have made, but most of what we did had good reason and game design. Not flavour, but design around it.

You may not agree with how we designed the game, and that's fine, design your own one differently but its very rich to wreck a game, and not for the first time either, and then saunter in here and try to tell us we don't know what we're doing.

You don't seem to give a **** at the end of the day, even after I asked people to stop posting, you had to come back to actually threaten a player. Knowing how you've reacted to people in the past, it didn't look like a joke to me. Just a complete disregard for other people to do what you like.
    Who did I threaten ?

Tigger wrote: »
    Who did I threaten ?

Isla I believe, "say that to my face". You've threatened people before in games, don't pretend it was anything else.

Isla I believe, "say that to my face". You've threatened people before in games, don't pretend it was anything else.

Something similar was just said to Mick on cop

• Advertisement

Say it to my face isn't a threat

Something similar was just said to Mick on cop

Isla is mick

Tigger wrote:
    Isla is mick

Derp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote: »
    Say it to my face isn't a threat

it might not be a threat, but it is threatening

it might not be a threat, but it is threatening

He's throwing all sorts of stuff at me
    He's done it before but deleted it but I've no intention of ever being in a room with someone that feels the way he does about me so it's a non-issue really
    Sure I told the pizza wrapper guy I was gonna seduce his wife an I hardly ment that either
    It's rhetoric it might be crude but it's not real
    If I was gonna hurt someone I wouldn't talk about it online I'm not new

:D
    Derp

Jesus like, you got outraged over the cheating and said "If you do it I'll do it too" basically, why? Because we didn't react quick enough? I didn't even know what you were on about until after 6, I thought you were giving out about them role claiming NRV.

You acted like an absolute arsehole today, and haven't a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned.

I seriously cannot grasp where you spotting a cheat, and then deciding cheating was okay because none of us copped it.

Jesus like, you got outraged over the cheating and said "If you do it I'll do it too" basically, why? Because we didn't react quick enough? I didn't even know what you were on about until after 6, I thought you were giving out about them role claiming NRV.

You acted like an absolute arsehole today, and haven't a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned.

I seriously cannot grasp where you spotting a cheat, and then deciding cheating was okay because none of us copped it.

I've already apologised and explained
    I don't thinI play stream if concnkers mess and I didn't mean to break the game
    Now either accept it or don't it won't make any difference to me in the morning

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

sullivlo wrote: »
    A common rule has been, IIRC, do not discuss the content of PMs. When I had a question about me discussing the doll (in the context of my role as Pierce, and how I could potentially use it for my benefit), I sent a PM to the mods about it for clarification.

This actually isn't true. Its part of a false role claim to discuss what the mods told you in pm.

Any game that we've played has had a discussion in one way or another of your original pm, be it im an NRV or I'm grandpa Simpson.

The rule, as far as i understand it, is that you can't quote directly or post an image (granted more applicable to the facebook game) of the interaction with the mod, You can't post irrefutable evidence as it were.

As I said in the game thread i genuinly thought from the pm that i was the human being, the mascot of greendale, I was going to lay ground work for a role claim later but didnt bother.

I think the non discussion of the pm was game specific here. Going forward it might be an idea to have a standard set of rules with game specific rules highlighted seperately from the main rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

ewan/tigger please reflect on fact that isla/mick was not sent a human being pm and was sent a study group pm. your on thread evidence pointed at isla, who was innocent. okay, henry did it, report it to the mods, they review and decide infraction.

fwiw me/phil was not sent one either as a sub nrv. (no role)

thanks mods, was fun and was really enjoying it. extra special thanks for my reincarnation after night zero kill again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This sort of drama is why I stay away from resident committees.

Drumpot wrote: »
    This sort of drama is why I stay away from resident committees.
    well played drumpot. i'd personall like to see to you again, you add good spice to the game, but i had u pegged as drumpot from very early lol...

i probably give myself away in posting sytle too btw, so shouldnt be throwing stones in this greenhouse!

sKeith wrote: »
    well played drumpot. i'd personall like to see to again, you add good spice to the game, but i had u pegged as drumpot from very early lol...

Ditto here. I did enjoy our on thread arguementing Drumpot. Sorry for being a lunatic :o

sKeith wrote: »
    well played drumpot. i'd personall like to see to again, you add good spice to the game, but i had u pegged as drumpot from very early lol...

You can set your clock by me...

Day zero : fluff
    Day one: crazy rants - I've spent a day on spreadsheets , ignored my job, my children , my wife and haven't got anything worthy of the time I spent on the game...
    Day two: somebody likes one of my crazy posts. This makes me happy and I calm down, unless they like my crazy in which case I ramp it up and let loose.
    Day 3: I'm exhausted and want to be munched but I've already put so much time into the game. I have to keep going....7
    Day 4: if I get this far I'm usually in the dead lounge soon enough. Get a congratulation for playing well and haven't a clue who is who but just glad somebody has said something nice to me...

After about half an hour after being killed, I realise that life didn't wait for me and I have neglected too many things.

Rinse and repeat......

Ditto here. I did enjoy our on thread arguementing Drumpot. Sorry for being a lunatic :o

Were you ISLA?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Were you ISLA?

yip :D

yip :D

I haven't a clue why I kept typing your name in Caps... It's like how I flush the toilet before I am finished peeing. Just got into a habit for no reason I can explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Looks like I missed a pretty interesting game! :eek:

• Advertisement

Looks like I missed a pretty interesting game! :eek:

Don't ever leave again :(

Advertisement