Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weedblock - what is best type?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I have an area in the garden where ground elder (Aegopodium podagraria) was dug out a couple of months ago but new growth is now reappearing. Someone suggested the best option is put down weedblock and cover it with wood chips.

There are two areas to be dealt with:
    (1) circular bed at the base of a magnolia tree, would probably just leave that without any planting.
    (2) a three foot wide bed. I've planted a couple dahlias in there, some yarrow and an everlasting sweet pea, but I think the ground elder will take over again.

I presume there are different types and prices for weedblock. What's the best choice? How much should I expect to pay?

I bought six bags of Erin decorative wood bark today. Thought I was doing well with half price in Tesco but saw similar size bags cheaper at Aldi. How thickly do I need to lay the bark?

Comments

Advertisement