Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Officially Registered for Stage 3

• 30-07-2017 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've just finished second year, but have three IX grades due to health problems. As a result, I won't have enough credits to be officially registered as a stage 3 student yet.

Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but I'm just curious as to the practicalitites of the situation, especially regarding grants, social welfare, picking modules etc.

I've had a quick chat with the program office already, but want to get other's feedback before having a proper conversation with the PO next week.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Officially you cant progress with 2+ IX's in some courses. So the program office and department will have to give you approval to progress, carrying more than 2 modules. It's due to the workload piling up and becoming unmanageable. What did the programme office say to you? The registration system wont let you move forward, the programme office will probably have to manually register you if they agree to let you progress.

I knew someone in ucd (science) that had 3 IX, they just let the person sit those and a few labs in the next semester, but he wasnt allowed to just continue on as normal and had to do an extra semester eventually to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Try contacting your school(s) and check with them what you need to do in order to remediate your IX(s) - is it an exam or an assignment? If they latter, see if it's possible to do at least one of them over the summer and have the grade reported before term starts. That way you may be able to progress to stage 3 in semester 1.

Advertisement