Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How heavy is a 43cm bream?

Options
  • 30-07-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I scored a nice 43cm bream this evening and as I'm new to fishing I haven't bought any scales yet. The digital scales I'm looking at buying cost around 30 Euro so that will probably be my fishing purchase for August.

Anyhow does anyone know approx how heavy a 43cm bream would be?

Please see the attachment for the condition of the fish.

FWIW she was put back to fight another day. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Probably around 3-4lb, if your going to take another picture like that I suggest you invest in an unhooking mat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes about 4lb. But buy an unhooking mat before you buy a scales, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Finbarr Murphy

Thanks lads. I can see that this hobby will send me broke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

that is a guarantee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

ya dont need to get an expensive unhooking mat. ive got 2, one for pike and a smaller one for coarse. the smaller one is less than a tenner, in fact ive to buy a new one cos i left my old one in longford last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It won't. Buy a decent scales and it'll last you for hundreds of fish if you look after it. Personally I don't use a scales anymore. So used to weighing fish over the years I stopped bringing a scales. Kinda know the size of a fish. Being a butcher now helps with weight .....

Waiting on the jokes now .... :-)

Advertisement