Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Season Work - Whistler, Canada

• 30-07-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Myself and my girlfriend want to head to Whistler this Winter Season. We already have our Work Holiday Visas.
    Does anyone have any good sites, contacts, advice etc. for Work, Accommodation, etc.
    I am aware Whistler is popular, hard to find work, etc. but it would be awesome if we could get there so we're going to try anyway.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You're better off trying to find work in Cypress. Whistler is too far from anything to spend 5-6 months there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I'm seeing this late but I hope you didn't take the terrible advice above and made it to Whistler!

I'm seeing this late but I hope you didn't take the terrible advice above and made it to Whistler!

pffft, we had our own van, trailer and skidoo's no lines or lifts and home to Kits everyday.

RasTa wrote: »

pffft, we had our own van, trailer and skidoo's no lines or lifts and home to Kits everyday.
    I dunno man I just don't think Cypress has enough to keep you entertained for the season. It's a great local mountain but just not on the same level as Whistler. Also sounds like you were primarily doing backcountry?

I dunno man I just don't think Cypress has enough to keep you entertained for the season. It's a great local mountain but just not on the same level as Whistler. Also sounds like you were primarily doing backcountry?

• Advertisement

Yeah, mix of everything. I had the season pass for cypress and weekend was used for brandywine etc. I wouldn't like to live out in Whistler, fine to drive up too once a month for a run but not a nice place to live compared to Van. Like living in Disneyworld for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

You make it sound very easy but you need serious cash to do that, and local knowledge. As someone who has worked a season in Whistler (I agree it is like a bubble, but what a bubble :p ) very few folks travelling over for a season would have the know how or capital so set up what you are describing. Hell, I had only ridden on Kilternan before I landed there.

Diemos wrote: »
    You make it sound very easy but you need serious cash to do that, and local knowledge. As someone who has worked a season in Whistler (I agree it is like a bubble, but what a bubble :p ) very few folks travelling over for a season would have the know how or capital so set up what you are describing. Hell, I had only ridden on Kilternan before I landed there.

Or just befriend a local like we did. Well it was our landlord but he was an old hippy and pro snowboarder back in the 80's. Although like most Canadians he seemed to have all this outdoor stuff. He even had jet ski's.

Man that was some year over there.

Advertisement