Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right goalscorer, wrong match on slip

Options
  • 30-07-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know I am in the wrong thread (can't get into gaa thread) but I put money on financial Cregg to get the first goal. Only trouble is I had match down as kerry v Galway instead of roscommon v mayo. Should I be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know I am in the wrong thread (can't get into gaa thread) but I put money on financial Cregg to get the first goal. Only trouble is I had match down as kerry v Galway instead of roscommon v mayo. Should I be ok?

Meant fintan cregg

• I know I am in the wrong thread (can't get into gaa thread) but I put money on financial Cregg to get the first goal. Only trouble is I had match down as kerry v Galway instead of roscommon v mayo. Should I be ok?

You should be OK. Not unless there was another Fintan Cregg playing on the Kerry Galway game. It would be a mean bookie that won't pay out on that.

Artful Artist 4/1 should win for Tony Martin in the 5 55 at Galway,has course form and was a very eyecatching 7th last time when moving through the field.

Martin's horses running well again and he and his owners love to win here and I make this a strong bet.

Another that is sure to run well is Thunder Speed in the 7 05 and could well be a lot shorter than the 8/1 available now.Lightly raced and sure to improve was given an easy time of it when running on for 4th last time.

What do you reckon are my chances zimmer of getting paid for having right golascorer but wrong match? There was only one F . Cregg playing yesterday.

I'm overwhelmed, actually touched, by the number of responses that I am getting!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

What do you reckon are my chances zimmer of getting paid for having right golascorer but wrong match? There was only one F . Cregg playing yesterday.

You are certain to be paid,many years ago I placed a fifty pound bet on a horse in a betting office in Tipperary town.I had never placed a bet in that shop previously and was so intent on getting the price I wanted that I waited until the price was right (prices were not guaranteed those days).

The price was modest enough 5/2 and the horse duly won,you can imagine my horror when I looked at the docket and saw that while the the time of the race was written and the price of the horse was written, the name of the horse was omitted.

Shocked I went to the counter expecting my 50 quid back but the girl informed me "if a horse was available at 5/2 when I placed the bet I would be paid and if there were 2 horses at 5/2 the bet would be divided".

I gladly pocketed the 175 pounds and was happy that the experienced girl interpreted exactly what I intended to do and in your case there can be no doubt as to your intention and you would be sure to get paid if the issue went to arbitration.

I can honestly say that I never had a problem in the shops that wasn't solved to my satisfaction,though I cant say the same at the racecourse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'm overwhelmed, actually touched, by the number of responses that I am getting!:mad:

What did the bookie say when you asked them? I'd reckon that would be the definitive opinion....

TrueDub wrote: »
    What did the bookie say when you asked them? I'd reckon that would be the definitive opinion....

Wasn't in there yet. The staff in this particular bookies could never be accused of raddlin you with chat. An odd grunt is all I ever get out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

R u ok hun??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Wasn't in there yet. The staff in this particular bookies could never be accused of raddlin you with chat. An odd grunt is all I ever get out of them.

All you need is a yes or no. They're the only people who'll answer your question properly.

Advertisement