Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spraoi 2017

Options
  • 31-07-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Don't forget your gimme 5€ for spraoi all, won't get better value anywhere and its in all our interests to support it,a truly magnificent festival.

Fingers crossed for weather too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

Great cause indeed, got the spraoi guide in the door the other day and as every year, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Main stage in JR Square. Why not use the plaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

KevIRL wrote: »
    Main stage in JR Square. Why not use the plaza?

They didn't use the plaza last year either. JR Square just isn't the same and gets really cramped and crowded.

The plaza was perfect for chilling out listening to music and keeping it contained. Thought after last year they would go back to the plaza but there seems to be no plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

They didn't use the plaza last year either. JR Square just isn't the same and gets really cramped and crowded.

The plaza was perfect for chilling out listening to music and keeping it contained. Thought after last year they would go back to the plaza but there seems to be no plans.

Prefer jr square myself, its very wide, bang in the centre of city shopping area, no need to cross over quays and down to tower hotel area.on saying that its not a massive walk by any stretch and it works well in both locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭blue note

What time are the fireworks on? And the parade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Why wasn't the apple market used as a venue? Surely somewhere outdoors where you can actually have a beer and watch the music is a good thing. I thought this was the whole point of it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

blue note wrote: »

'Join us for the Spraoi Parade on Sunday the 6th of August at 9.30pm!'

fireworks to follow after. unfortunately, current forecasts are looking wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Absolutely LOVE SPRAOI, The best weekend of the year!

you can't let a little rain put you off!

Why wasn't the apple market used as a venue? Surely somewhere outdoors where you can actually have a beer and watch the music is a good thing. I thought this was the whole point of it!?

Guessing, when they planning events, brochure, etc Apple market wasn't finished and didn't want to risk inclusion then have to change if not finished or some other issue.fair enough IMO, id expect it might be used next year probably.added to that,I think generally avoiding areas with alcohol good for festival to large extent, especially with it being largely family orientated

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »

Parade is 9.30pm and fireworks are 10.45pm however they can be delayed with the parade so around 11pm is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

watched this chap riding a unicycle through Michael Street this morning, playing a banjo and a harmonica and carrying a big traveling pack on his back. Some skill, tunes were great too.

Great vibe around the place today, some class street acts. Nice set up outside Tully's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Best line up in years , its 25 the anniversary , so they pulled out all the stops looking fwd to it.

Just a Pity colbeck street is still a construction site with lots of acts in palace sq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Home for the weekend. Can't wait to head in around the town today to enjoy the festivities. Spraoi is such an fantastic festival. Many thanks for the 25 years!

Great day today.don't forget those fivers lads and wear your spraoi wrist thing with pride.

http://www.wlrfm.com/2017/08/05/waterfords-25th-spraoi-festival-in-full-swing/

I'm afraid I'm not on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Nice vibe in around town earlier, lots of music and food and smiling faces.

Fantastic stuff yesterday, excellent set up and some brilliant acts. Massive crowds around the place. Hopefully the weather improves from what it's like right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

King Kong Company in John Robert's Square had the whole place rocking. Have seen them a good few times but usually at midnight in a dark tent But looked like the kids were loving it too.

Hard to believe it's s free festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Does anyone know what time the food stalls close up in the evening?

• Advertisement

sarah88 wrote: »

Got a burger from one around the 10 o clock mark last night. Not sure what the story is tonight though

sarah88 wrote: »

I asked them an hour ago and they said around 9-10 oclock

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I asked them an hour ago and they said around 9-10 oclock

Thanks a mill

Did anything happen with the parade tonight? The band and silent band marched down then it went quiet for a good 25 - 30 minutes before the parade followed on.

Floats were fantastic and the fireworks were also spectacular as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

All n all a super event, mini disco on the mall and
    Lords of strut standout gigs, parade / fireworks awesomeðŸ‘

I only went around for the Sunday but it was a good day. The fireworks were ok, the day events were cool and the parade was very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

My first Spraoi as I have just moved to Waterford and what a wonderful event it is. Lovely atmosphere in town, didn't see any hassle, great music and street acts. A great credit to the people of Waterford.

Advertisement