Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good UK recruitment agencies?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Can anyone name a few?Are engage education ok?Don't know of any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

2017girl wrote: »
    Can anyone name a few?Are engage education ok?Don't know of any others?

I went over with TimePlan; found them ok as recruitment agencies go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2017girl

I went over with TimePlan; found them ok as recruitment agencies go.

Thank you.Think I have made up my mind that I am going to go to UK but dont know whether to go with an agency or not.Did you find it better to go with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Thank you.Think I have made up my mind that I am going to go to UK but dont know whether to go with an agency or not.Did you find it better to go with one?

I went with Engage Education, and I found them very useful to help secure interviews and arrange a flight over initially. I was offered a full time contract by a school though, so I don't know what they are like to work with on a contract.

My advice would be to use an agency to get started with initially and then use the TES to find a permanent position. If you can get a job in an independent school that is even better.

I have been here nearly five years now, so if you have any questions, please do ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

The year I did in the UK really stood to me when I came back here. For me I found it better yes to go with an agency as I didn't intend on staying really any longer than the year and I went over completely on my own. I literally had no one.

I felt a little bit more secure with an agency. They helped me find accommodation, provided us with a very informative induction day for us where we got a introduction to the school system, opened up our bank accounts - which can be a complete pain doing it in your own and with TimePlan they set us up on where we could view our payslips and offset expenses against our tax - which was great a help as you could include rent and travel expenses. They also had a support person if you were struggling with any aspect of the school you were in. They also put on social events - which I wish I took advantage of but didn't.

Anyway they might just seem like small things but it helped me - I was a very anxious person back then and the smallest of things like setting up a bank account stressed me out. :D

Advertisement