Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business name

• 31-07-2017 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'very opened a business account and the bank has put my personal name on tea account instead of the business name, also I've received the business debit card and they've put my personal name instead of the business name on the card.
    Can I just have the business name on the card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭gifted

coylemj wrote: »
    Did you ask them?[

Not yet, I did tell them when I opened the account a few weeks ago that I wanted business name only, anyway, I'm calling to the bank later and I'll ask then, just wanted to know if it was the norm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Dont ask them .......Tell them ........and if they have a problem say fine can you please close my account........I find that works well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭gifted

skippy2 wrote: »
    Dont ask them .......Tell them ........and if they have a problem say fine can you please close my account........I find that works well

Thanks, I got it sorted with them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The account has to be in the name of a legal entity, that means a natural person, group of people, company or some other body corporate.

You need to register your business name and then style yourself as something like: Jim Jones T/A Jones Cakes or whatever.

Note that you cannot sign contracts etc... in a business name alone as it has no legal status independent of you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement