Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross border mortgage

Options
  • 31-07-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi There. Would BOI consider a mortgage application for a NI resident working permanently in the public service in Dublin, for a house in NI? Many thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Oscar2017 wrote: »
    Hi There. Would BOI consider a mortgage application for a NI resident working permanently in the public service in Dublin, for a house in NI? Many thanks

Hi Oscar2017,

I can confirm that each mortgage application would be dealt with on a case by case basis and you can apply for this through Bank of Ireland NI, and you can apply online here.

I hope this is some help.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oscar2017

Not really Darren, but thanks anyway. I called your bank to be informed that you would not accept a euro salary for an NI house purchase by an NI resident. For info, Danske have come to my rescue. I find it bizarre that a bank claiming to offer services on an all island basis, operating in both jurisdictions, refuse to offer customers a solution to this. The intransigence of the banks never ceases to amaze me.

Advertisement