Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get replacement Debit card and PIN

Options
  • 31-07-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently opened a BoI current account and was initially sent out a debit card but I can not find the letter. I applied for a replacement card as the first card was expired if not activated in 14 days but seeing as I lost the first letter I do not have a PIN for the new card. Now the new card is also expired.

I rang the helpline but gave up after being on hold for 15 minutes. Is there some way I can get a new card and PIN sent out as the only option I can see online is for a replacement card which does not come with a PIN.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

skerry wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently opened a BoI current account and was initially sent out a debit card but I can not find the letter. I applied for a replacement card as the first card was expired if not activated in 14 days but seeing as I lost the first letter I do not have a PIN for the new card. Now the new card is also expired.

I rang the helpline but gave up after being on hold for 15 minutes. Is there some way I can get a new card and PIN sent out as the only option I can see online is for a replacement card which does not come with a PIN.

Hi Skerry,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

You can request a new card with a new PIN through the "Ask a Question" section of your 365 online profile. Please specify in the message that you would like a new PIN with your new card and the advisers there will be able to order this for you.

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Hi,

Hi Skerry,

You can request a new card with a new PIN through the "Ask a Question" section of your 365 online profile. Please specify in the message that you would like a new PIN with your new card and the advisers there will be able to order this for you.

Darren
    Hi, 

Apologies, only getting back to this now.

I can't find the 'Ask a Question' section on my 365 online profile. I tried order a card through the Service Desk online but there is no section to specify that I need a new PIN with the card and it's requesting the old card number which I don't have. 

Can you please tell me how I can get a card and what the charge associated with this is. 

Regards

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi,

Hi Skerry,

Darren
    Hi, 

I can't find the 'Ask a Question' section on my 365 online profile. I tried order a card through the Service Desk online but there is no section to specify that I need a new PIN with the card and it's requesting the old card number which I don't have. 

Can you please tell me how I can get a card and what the charge associated with this is. 

Regards

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When you log into your account through a browser or a PC, you'll have access to the Service desk. There, you'll see a dropdown menu that says 'What can we do for you?', and the option to 'Ask a Question', is the last option. You can submit your query here explaining what has happened, and that you need a new PIN. There is usually a charge of €8 for a replacement card.

Please get back to us if you need anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Hi,

Hi Skerry,

Darren
    Hi, 

Regards

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When you log into your account through a browser or a PC, you'll have access to the Service desk. There, you'll see a dropdown menu that says 'What can we do for you?', and the option to 'Ask a Question', is the last option. You can submit your query here explaining what has happened, and that you need a new PIN. There is usually a charge of €8 for a replacement card.

Please get back to us if you need anything else.

Thanks again, Jane
    Hi Jane, thanks for that. I followed your instructions over a week ago and have not yet received any reply and no card has arrived in the post. Should it take this long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi skerry,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear that you haven't received a response from our team. 

Would you have a reference number for your secure message which you sent into ourselves? 

Have you doubled checked your inbox as our secure messages usually are answered between 2-3 working days?

If you would like to PM us with the reference of the message please see the link below this post.

Thanks,

Kareana   

• Advertisement
Advertisement