Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Castleconnell to Limerick city

• 31-07-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys I could be moving to Castleconnell in Limerick next month and I'm Just wondering what's the story with buses from Castleconnell to limerick city. More specifically Childers road retail as that is lookin like where I'll be working.

I can't make heads or tails of the bus system and some websites seem to have conflicting information with others. Maybe I'm just stupid tho.

Can anybody who is familiar with the area give me a bit of insight on what's the best way to go about commuting from Castleconnell to Childers road retail?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What part of Castleconnell? Are you in the village? Castlerock? Somewhere else in the surrounding area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

if you have to start at anytime between 8 and 9 and want to get home anytime between 5 and 7 then your best bet is a bike.

Traffic is mental in the area, especially once UL is back

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fupopolie

Mr E wrote: »
    What part of Castleconnell? Are you in the village? Castlerock? Somewhere else in the surrounding area?

Yes in Castleconnell village. Sorry I'm still finding out all the details myself.

Not sure about the village but there is a bus stop at the top of Belmont Road (the right hand turn about 200m from Daly's Cross if heading towards the city).

If I remember, I'll check it on my way home tonight to see if there is a timetable displayed - hopefully it will show the other stops too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah as Mr E says there is a bus from Daly's Cross and I think it goes via Childers Road so you may be in luck. According to google the 323 will drop you at Childers Road but Bus Eireann's website/timetable doesn't make much sense so I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

I checked the bus stop at Daly's Cross. No timetable that I could see, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fupopolie

Mr E wrote: »
    I checked the bus stop at Daly's Cross. No timetable that I could see, sorry.

No problem man. I'm gonna head up to limerick tomorrow for the night anyway to suss it all out! Thanks for the help man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Is the train an option?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zulutango wrote: »
    Is the train an option?

He'd still have to get back out to Childers Rd from Parnell St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

.....or pull the Emergency Cord at the Kilmallock Road Bridge :D.

They might cop on to this after a few days though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement