Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz

• 31-07-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I've just moved into an apartment with the above type of water heater control. The issue I'm having is that when power is switched on at the mains, the pipes leading to the water tank will rumble very loudly for 15 seconds every five minutes or so, and this continues all night, whether the heating system is set to come on or not.

Is this a normal feature of the model?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Pupito wrote: »
    I've just moved into an apartment with the above type of water heater control. The issue I'm having is that when power is switched on at the mains, the pipes leading to the water tank will rumble very loudly for 15 seconds every five minutes or so, and this continues all night, whether the heating system is set to come on or not.

Is this a normal feature of the model?

The rumbling noise is most probably a water pressure boosting pump cycling due to water pressure loss.
    Check that there are no dripping taps and that none of the filling valves in the toilet cisterns are dripping.
    If left alone the relay on the circuit board in the pump will fail and you will have no water pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The rumbling noise is most probably a water pressure boosting pump cycling due to water pressure loss.
    Check that there are no dripping taps and that none of the filling valves in the toilet cisterns are dripping.
    If left alone the relay on the circuit board in the pump will fail and you will have no water pressure.

Thank you for this, I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MonicaCristina

Hi,just moven in a new apartment and i need to deal with Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz- there are several momenta during the day when the water is not heated at all, i have turned on the booster timer and the water gets heated for 3 min maximum! Do you have any ideas why? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

Hi All, I have just adjusted my timer to wintertime with the exact time opposite it. My water used to be heated off peak but now it’s not been heated at all. Does anybody know what I could have done and how do I fix it.

Many Thanks

Advertisement